Konami’s pre-E3 presentation to contain news on Metal Gear Solid 5, Lords of Shadow 2

Tuesday, 14th May 2013 16:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Konami has announced it will stream its pre-E3 presenataion, in which Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Metal Gear Solid 5, Pro Evolution Soccer, and a number of “additional key announcements” will be highlighted.

The presentation will be streamed on June 6 at 6pm UK/ 2pm EST and will feature trailers, footage, interviews and news on a “wealth of new titles.”

You can watch it through Konmai Events, through Gamespot or through the Gamespot app on Xbox Live.

Producer Kei Masuda will be on-hand to discuss the next edition of the Pro Evolution Soccer; exclusive information on Hideo Kojima’s Metal gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be revealed; and MercurySteam will share a new trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.

E3 takes place June 11-15.

1. Lengendaryboss

I’ll be there for MGS5 and oh thats it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Gheritt White

They should totally get Mercury Steam to resurrect Contra!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Night Hunter

@2: God no. They are much too big and too talented for a 2D run and gun. Maybe if they had a second, smaller team …

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gheritt White

@3: No, I meant give them the opportunity to reboot it in 3D, like they did with Castlevania. I reckon they’d do a GREAT job!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Night Hunter

Well, I actually think I wouldn’t like a Contra in 3D, and I’m normally not the kind of gamer who thinks things are automatically bad if there is the wind of change coming along. But do you think the whole concept could work today? I don’t, but MS is certainly talented, if anyone could pull it off it would be them.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

@5: I’m imagining something like a fun, colorful, more Blood Dragon-y version of Gears of War, tbh. I reckon it’d be good!

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

I still feel sad about the fact that Konami has no live presentation. Their pre-E3 vids have been kinda boring but my god, that live conference with N3-2 and NeverDead. LEGENDARY!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Erthazus

Dear Stephany Nunneley, I thought you were a fan of Konami (at least you were a fan of their press conferences at E3 :D) but look…

Last year it was “Konmai” now it’s “Komai”: “You can watch it through Komai Events”

fix this. :D

#8 1 year ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

@Erth HA! Fixed. And yes, I am a massive fan of their pre-E3 shows. Best in the business! :D

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

Is it fixed Steph? :D

#10 1 year ago
  11. xino

i agree, or Platinum Games can do it

#11 1 year ago
  12. SameeR_Fisher

@11: I don’t think anyone wants a 6hrs campaign, at least I don’t

I am so excited for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, but I may skip this trailer, I want to savor every moment of it for the final experience, I may download the trailer to watch it after playing the game, I may also watch the demo and see what it looks like, it is so hard being on media blackout.

Mercury Steam should definitely do Contra, a reboot in 3D with their own creativity would be awesome, it maybe a big hit, they showed interest in it, I just hope I don’t have to stay another 3 years till I play their next game.

#12 1 year ago