Whether you want to cough up a few bucks or not, you’ll benefit from the new content headed to Defiance.
Trion Worlds has five content updates planned for the year, with each one offering free, paid and micro-transaction items.
The next update has not been named or dated, but the contents have been detailed. Those who choose not to shell out can enjoy the following:
- Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
- Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
- Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
- Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
- Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
- Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
- Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
- Select a new voice for you character
- Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
If you fork out $10, you’ll also score:
- Access to play the Castithan Species
- Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
- Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
- Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
- A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
- A unique Castithan version of an outfit
- A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
- Access to New Pursuits
- New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
The developer also these items slated for individual release via the in-game store:
- New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
- Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
- More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
- Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change
More details are available on the MMO’s blog.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.