PS4 allowed Assassin’s Creed 4 team to “deliver more graphical detail, harness advancements”

Thursday, 9th May 2013 17:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has posted a video for Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag on the PS Blog, in which creative director Jean Guesdon and associate producer Sylvain Trottier discuss some of the advancements the team’s been able to “harness” on PS4.

The video goes into to detail on how PS4 enabled the team to “deliver more graphical detail, a new dimension of social connection and the kind of seamless gaming experience.”

It’s below.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is out on October on PC, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 and next-gen systems.

1. Mjorh

Ubisoft has become PS4′s bitch ! every extra stuff 4 PS4…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Djoenz

You talk nonsense. Microsoft’s nextbox will do the same, but the developers obviously cant talk about it yet cause it hasnt been announced yet.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Mjorh

@ You’ve got a point , the thing is it ain’t that much impressive n persuasive having a little more missions or graphical options , i mean it ain’t have considerable impact n effect on gamer’s mind 2 buy a special console just becouse yeah on that console he or she can experience jus a little more missions or sth . to sum it up : Get The Upperhand With Having More Exclusives!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Max Payne

Problem is they are still developing for xbox 360 and ps3 and that’s why game still look almost same as AC3.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Djoenz

I agree man. So far the only xbox games I really loved was gears of war and splinter cell.

Nextbox better have some new exclusive IP’s!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Erthazus

AA for the PS4 such an extra. LOL

#6 1 year ago
  7. Djoenz

@Erthazus

Mark my words Erthazus. One day PS4 will have an exclusive open world/sandbox southpark game and thus it wont be on the PC :P

You can slay ManBearPig and get a trophy for it. Hoho

#7 1 year ago
  8. _LarZen_

The fun starts when we can see pictures/videos with comparisons.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Rockin a Jack D

PS4 can keep ArseCreed. Terrible games. In-fact, i got them removed permanently from my steam account.

Another $$$ IP that was complete bollocks.

#9 1 year ago
  10. nollie4545

Lol to the max, next gen console gets last gen features which barely make ripples in the PC world.

Save your cash folks. Buy a graphics card.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Djoenz

“Save your cash folks. Buy a graphics card” ? Sorry thats hilarious.
    You should have at least added: In the long run.

#11 1 year ago
  12. nollie4545

You might as well spend the $500 and get a half sorted PC, then upgrade the card the following year, after pocketing the $20 saving on every game you bought.

#12 1 year ago
  13. _LarZen_

@10 And some would say save your cash folks, buy a next gen console ;)

#13 1 year ago
  14. Djoenz

I speak for myself and I can safely say I only bought my first ps3 like 2-3 years ago. It was only 300 bucks and its lovely.

I never buy a new console within the first 2 years. Kinks needs to be sorted out etc..

I can bring my console anywhere I want and easily. You would need to bring your pc inconveniently.

I dont buy every game full price also.

I like the exclusives. I hate the keyboard.

There more reasons for me to buy a console than a pc purely for games.

PC purely for games just for the visuals and nerd rage well wooptydoo. Im not a hardcore gamer thank God.

#14 1 year ago
  15. nollie4545

Lol, kinks to be worked out. You’re saying console tech is unreliable and shabby in its initial release?

#15 1 year ago
  16. Djoenz

Yes unfortunately thats true. Overheating, YLOD, RROD etc..

#16 1 year ago
  17. DrDamn

Isn’t it funny how some features which previously made the PC version vastly superior are now inconsequential when they are on consoles?

#17 1 year ago
  18. NeutralBlade

The last 3 generations of consoles have suffered from massive failures. I followed this reasoning for current-gen, and didn’t pick up a 360 until the 3rd-gen Jasper version was released late 2008, and early 2009; which completely eliminated RROD. And before that, I avoided the disasters of the PS1 and PS2 that unlike Microsoft, Sony did not take full responsibility and pay for their defective systems.

I feel the same as Djoenz, and won’t be buying within the first 2 years. I’ll probably buy once I can confirm revisions/improvements, along with a price drop.

Between the current-gen consoles and my PC, I have no reason to jump on the next-gen bandwagon, as soon as it becomes available. Due to hardware advancements, such failures are less likely to occur next-gen, but the possibility is still there. I’ll just wait and continue with my current gaming habits. I see little reason to change from that, for the time being.

#18 1 year ago
  19. fearmonkey

The next assassins creed will essentially allow consoles to play what current higher end PC’s can do, so that’s not a huge deal. Once they stop making AC games for the current consoles then it will be even better, that’s really when it will be next gen. I cant wait for that as games will finally be catching up with PC graphics so that PC ports look amazing.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Erthazus

“games will finally be catching up with PC graphics so that PC ports look amazing.”

LOL. this comment I see everytime on the internet since PS2 era.

Next year, consoles will be already outdated and thus far no more catching up.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Juice_Man101

PC gamers are the reason I don’t want to game on PC.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Llewelyn_MT

Console elitism is just as bad, if not worse. Last month I purchased the PC version of Borderlands 2 for 6€. I simply can’t afford to be a console gamer.

Person saying that PC is not as portable as a console (as if) must have never been to a LAN party. I feel sorry for you.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Djoenz

Dont feel sorry for me. I have never been to a LAN party. I used to do that @school with the class and teacher. Unreal Tournament or Quake forgot which game.

PC just as portable well ok then!

#23 1 year ago
  24. Llewelyn_MT

Well, it’s the box, keyboard and mouse or the box and a controller or two. You need a screen and a headset either way. You just need a bigger bag to pack it.

I’m going to a Torchlight 2 LAN party this weekend (bad weather). Can’t wait. :-)

#24 1 year ago
  25. RocknRolla

Bitch please PS4 has already won the next gen, so stop bitching and complaining about it? over and out.. Xbox always been shit anyway..

#25 1 year ago
  26. nhowell14

@#25 Microsoft has always suxed arse. They’re the reason I no longer game on PCs. Which is why i’m praying and hoping that the support for Linux-gaming from Valve will kill MS permanently. I currently don’t have the highest regards for Sony’s Playstation at the moment, but the PS4 is slowly turning my opinion around. We shall see if Sony can price these right and no $300 for a cheaper-built PS3 is not at all justifiable, no matter how many games you bundle with it. Wii U will have an open world Zelda and a new 3D mario soon, no matter what platform flag you wave, there is no denying their absolute power over people that play those games. Planning for myself to be one of them.

Why oh WHY is it everytime I attempt to read and enjoy the information from an article on here, there is a inflammatory miss-informed fanboy who for whatever reason, feels the need to justify their purchase by bashing something they can’t afford or haven’t purchased?!?! PC guys STFlyingFU already. Do you really think your $1k Nvidia was worth that grand? Because basically you just paid an insane amount of money for bragging rights on paper, on top of arguing that PC gaming is the “Best” no its not. There’s so many roadblocks that before you can even play the game you want to play, you spend half your time configuring your rig just to play a single game. Whereas the guys who spend far less than a thousand bucks get an entire, consistent gaming console with features that match or exceed anything a MS-based PC has.
    How about this; how about you PC guys buy a console, the console guys buy a PC, then you’ll have rights as I do to comment on both sides? Until you try them for yourselves, keep your incredibly malinformed digital mouths shut. For the sake of everyone.

And no your walmart/bestbuy laptop with an intel HD4000 doesn’t count.

#26 1 year ago
  27. redwood

@erth.. the pc dudes can keep the all the ultra AA and the extra shading options and HDR lighting ..we ‘ll keep the console exclusives :) happy benchmarking

#27 1 year ago