Project X Zone’s Capcom cast showcased

Wednesday, 8th May 2013 22:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The premise of Project X Zone is simple: take a huge bunch of Sega, Namco Bandai and Capcom characters and throw them all into a story-driven strategic RPG. Which characters? I’m so glad you asked, hypothetical reader. This trailer showcases some of Capcom’s favourites.

Project X Zone is a 3DS exclusive due in North American at the end of June and in Europe in early July. It’s pronounced “cross zone”, by the way.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. ayb91

Magnificent !!! It reminds me of Namco vs Capcom which I really had fun playing it back then. I wish I could see this great RPG on ps vita. Come on, ps vita needs more RPGs !

2. Francis O

Awesome game! Why isn’t there more comments? Wait…..it’s on the 3DS that’s why. If this was on Vita you would have at least 15 to 20 comments.

3. Clupula

@2 – If it was on Vita, I’d be commenting to complain that it wasn’t on PS3 instead. Really, all joking aside, because playing with you was so last week, get over the system bias, kid.

It looks like an interesting game, but since it’s on a system I don’t and never will own, it flies under the radar. Don’t play portable systems and if I did, it’d probably be more likely to be a Vita, due to the type of games it has on it being more of what I’m interested in.

There really was no need for the, “If this was on Vita you would have at least 15 to 20 comments” bull.

Now, we can be civil and end it there. Or you can call me a douche, as you always do, and then I’ll imply that you’re not a man, as I always do, and the cycle that I’ve grown bored with continues. Up to you.

4. malethief

@ 2 Strategy RPGs are a pretty niche market in general no matter the system they come out for

5. Francis O

@2- And I’ve grown tired of you replying to my every comment. And your comment is interesting….”but since it’s on a system I don’t and never will own, it flies under the radar.”

- Why did you even click on the article then?

And yes your a douche..bag, not just a douche. Get it right now. However, if you stop responding to my every comment… then we can be civil about it. It’s up to you.

@4 Fire Emblem Awakening would like to have some words with you. Over a million sold worldwide.

Project X Zone is a strategy RPG with charters from SEGA, Capcom, and Namco. It’s not your typical strategy RPG. You know, Ryu, Ken, Dante, ect It should be getting more love than it is.

I have a website that’s no where near as popular as VG247 and at least 15 people commented on the same trailer as this one.

This site is obviously Sony bias. Negative Nintendo news, 30+ comments. Positive cool looking Nintendo games or news < 5 comments.

6. Clupula

@5 – I responded because I saw you saying something ridiculous and I usually feel it’s my job to correct that, but I found myself sighing from boredom halfway through my response, which is why I’m not even going to touch the silliness that is the last three sentences of your post.

7. Clupula

@4 – Besides Fire Emblem on Nintendo platforms, the sales of the first Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 (at least in the West, where it outsold Japan) would also dispute that.

8. Dragon246

In Clupula I trust :P

9. Lengendaryboss

Seems like a good game.

10. Francis O

# 6 – There’s the douchebag we all know and love.

Are you some type of internet police, go around responding to “ridiculous” comments and it’s your “job” to correct them? Get off your high horse asshole. It’s not your “job” to patrol VG247 looking for comments you deem “ridiculous”….lol what a joke. Is VG247 paying you? Go get a real job.

11. Clupula

@10 – Get a real job? Thanks, mom. But I’ll tell you the same thing I told her years ago: real jobs don’t get you laid, don’t let you travel around the country, don’t provide you with free food, and don’t let you play pretend or sing songs and then give you money. So, nope.

Anyway, since I’m pretty bored with you, I figure I should try to spice it up a bit, so let me respond to you in a limerick.

There once was a lad named Francis
    In whose pants the name Miyamoto caused dances
    He linked his tingle
    And wii’d his dingle
    But in another castle were his romances

Hmmm…that might be a fun format to police you with, from now on.

12. Clupula

@8 – “In Charles, We Trust” is what the little red book says.

13. Juice_Man101

@2 Sony 4 life!!!

14. Lengendaryboss

Hahaha LOL :D

15. Clupula

This thread makes me feel like Santa, really, as Francis was wishing that there’d be more comments on it.

Charles Lupula, Making Wishes Come True, EST 1975…

A lot like the Make-A-Wish-Foundation, or Shaq.

16. Lengendaryboss

Seriously @Francis don’t you get bored of being apart of the NDF (Nintendo Defense Force) and BTW if this game were on PS Vita there would be an actual audience to make comments on this page, you know not families playing Just Dance not giving an damn.

17. dizzygear

As owner of both a 3DS and a Vita i dont give a rats ass what platform its on and im just looking forward to the game.

18. Juice_Man101

@17 agreed, but I’m buying used because it’s not on vita. :)

19. Clupula

This thread needs to be longer. I want to make the poor boy happy.

Let’s play “I Spy.”

I spy, with my little eye, something silver with black lining.

20. Francis O

LegendaryBoss and Clupula got some Brokeback Mountain shit going on here.

I’ll leave you two to your gay shit.

21. Clupula

All joking aside, whether you hate me or not, I don’t see why you’d have to denigrate an entire portion of the population. This is 2013. That sort of homophobic intolerance shouldn’t have any place here. I’m disappointed in you, Francis. I didn’t know you were a bigot.

22. Juice_Man101

Even though I am a huge Sony fanboy and I hate SRPGs with a passion I am really hyped about this game and it’s because that battle system looks so good.