Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon director hoping for sequel – report

Monday, 6th May 2013 00:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The positive reception for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon means we may see the return of Sergeant Rex ‘Power’ Colt.

The news comes via actor Michael Biehn, an 80′s action favourite who stars in the retro-themed downloadable, speaking to Major Nelson Radio.

“[Creative director Dean Evans] was with me on the phone last night. He was pretty jacked up,” Biehn said.

“He was going into a meeting today, to you know – I think he wants to turn it into some sort of franchise. He’s got a sequel in mind.”

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon was made by the game’s original development team as a way to blow off steam, but turned out to be quite fun. It’s received a largely positive reception; we had Stace take a look at it and he was pretty pleased, and Sam was greatly tickled by the tutorial. Check it out on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Thanks, Blue’s News.

1. NooB GobliN

I’m with mister director guy here. I hope we haven’t seen the last of Rex Power Colt. Go the Ailen[s] route. Blood Dragons!

I just finished the game this weekend and I warmly recomend it to all platforms.

#1 1 year ago
  2. viralshag

For those of us raised on 80s now-cheesy-but-then-awesome action flicks, it’s a great game. So many cool references.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Edo

Played and finished it and as expected it was fucking awesome :)!!A fully fledged sequel would be a day 1 purchase for me fo sho.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Vice

Now cheesy? Maybe for stupid new generation they are. Movies like Commando or Cobra will forever be full of awesome to me.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Sylrissa

I do hope we get to see more of this, I personally enjoyed this more then the regular Farcry 3

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

Yep, a fully-fledged sequel would be nice. Or maybe they should keep it small. God knows what Ubisoft will do to it once it gets too big. In any case, I do hope more developers approach DLC like that.

Develop a big engine, awesome gameplay, release your game that takes itself too serious and then develop a Standalone game with all that, but try to take more risks. Either that, or deliver what the Fans are asking for. A dinosaurs DLC for FarCry 3 would be nice.

It worked with GTAIV, RDR and now FarCry 3.

I actually bought the retail version (uPlay, yeay) and it has a poster and the soundtrack. Awesome. 8)

@4: Fool. They were and still are cheesy as hell. Cheesy can still be awesome.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Cobra951

I played through the demo, and had a blast. Now that I’m done with Bioshock Infinite, I’ll be buying this ASAP. Congrats and thanks to the creative team behind this unexpected gem.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Mjorh

Seems 2 be a good one ! gotta give it a shot…

#8 1 year ago
  9. DinoHunter

Blood Dragon is a crazy game in a good way. It’s a homage to the 80′s yet the year is 2007 and it’s the future.

It has lots of parodies and jokes but the gameplay is totally awesome!

I would definitely play the sequel but I doubt that the setting would be the same. Ubisoft game developers love surprises and I’m looking forward to it.

And by the way, here’s a cool walkthrough: http://www.cheatmasters.com/blog/2013/05/02/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-guide/

#9 1 year ago