Neverwinter’s Whispering Caverns harbors a Beholder

Saturday, 4th May 2013 16:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Neverwinter, currently in open beta, has a new video available to show you what you’re missing out on if you aren’t testing it. The video gives you a look into to the Whispering Caverns, mines which are located below Neverwinter. Wouldn’t you know there would be a Beholder lurking in the tunnels. Hateful things. The Cryptic Studios MMO is out sometime this year.

1. GwynbleiddiuM

Been playing it out of sheer boredom and despite so many bugs and connection issues that I’ve had gotta say it is quite a decent title. The Foundry feature is neat, gotta start working on a questline myself. And it’s technically launched since there are no character wipes and cash shop is up and running. Stealth launched so to speak.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I may give it a go myself this weekend. Been meaning to play it for a couple weeks now.

3. GwynbleiddiuM

@Steph probably it’s good that you waited this long, they patched it a lot since open beta started. First day of the launch it was impossible to login due to insane queue lines, they were like 7000-8000 long. It’s much smoother now (and no queues).

4. Stephany Nunneley

That is a massive queue! I’m glad I waited too. :/

5. _LarZen_

Me and my gaming friends are having a great time in Neverwinter. Sure there was queues and problems when the open beta started.

But you have had to live under a rock the past years not to expect that….

Today there are no queues and the game feels like a finished product. There will be no character deletion once it comes out of open beta so there is no reason to wait.

Cya in Neverwinter!

6. GwynbleiddiuM

@5 TBH I said the same things :P As someone who did participate in a lot of closed and open betas during past 8 years I understand the differences mate. I wasn’t complaining I was just saying there were troubles, now there ain’t much.

I have complaints though. Mostly because of class variety like only having 5 classes (and one that isn’t introduced yet). But I was so hoping for a Pale Master and/or a Blackguard and they have none of that. :<

Although I really like the action packed combat system, and as a Cleric I truly feel like a bloody damn hero, too imba for my own good. :D

7. viralshag

Considering this wasn’t on my radar at all until this evening I’ve been playing it for a few hours now and I’m really enjoying it.