Zone of the Enders HD PS3 patch inbound, sequel canned

Friday, 3rd May 2013 06:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Kojima Productions is working on a patch to correct frame rate issues in the PlayStation 3 version of the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

Speaking in a HideoBlog podcast, as translated by Siliconera, studio lead and franchise creator Hideo Kojima acknowledged the shooter’s transition from 30 to 60 FPS in HD hadn’t gone as well as expected.

As such, the team has been busy re-programming the game, and will release the results as a title update which should smooth things out. The Xbox 360 version won’t be patched.

It’s good news, but it does mean the development team has turned its attention away from the Enders Project, which was announced almost a year ago and went silent immediately. Kojima has put the project on the back burner, dissolving the team formed to develop it.

There is still some hope for a sequel eventually, but Kojima wants to re-evaluate the series as whole and assess fan demand before proceeding.

1. Johnny Cullen

WHY, JOAKIM!? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY!? :”"”"”"”"”"”"(

#1 1 year ago
  2. DeVitowned

I’ll be honest, the quality of the port is what caused me to pass. Hope they reach the target.

#2 1 year ago
  3. polygem

what’s up with the vita version?!)

#3 1 year ago
  4. redwood

crappy decision mr.kojima… who asked for MGR? a total of nobody.. but it’s still a good game and it sold well too, so you just need to worry about making a good game.. with a brand-name like zoe and names like kojima and konami attached to it am sure the nxtZoe will sell

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gnosis

I has a sad.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Wychodzew

I was on the fence on buying this. Now I’ll gladly get it for PS3 if they’re going to patch the game.

#6 1 year ago
  7. atlans89

While I’m still waiting for Vita version. With how much they had shown us, I’m a bit upset about the sequel got canned.

#7 1 year ago
  8. CycloneFox

I wasn’t aware of this and bought the PS3 Version of the game. I was surprised how well it runs on the PS3, as I only knew the PS2 version of ZoE2 and the HD Version was running at over 30fps for the most part. there are slowdowns here and there but when it comes up, it is not that disturbing. especially because I didn’t play the first one before and have never finished the second one, I’m really happy with this package. I don’t think there is any reason to skip it even with the slowdowns.

i’m asking myself, where is the vita version?

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

@7 & 8- I think you’re going to be waiting a very long time for the Vita version. There was no Transfarring logo on the box for PS3 version, so I’d assume that’s a pretty good sign the Vita version is canceled.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Da Man

No more clunky mindfakery with tacky artstyles for insecure nerds? Bummer.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Dark

Maybe they are going to give the Project to Platinum Games :P

#11 1 year ago
  12. ojinnvoltz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I want ZOE3, not more Metal Gear!

#12 1 year ago
  13. theevilaires

I’m glad I didn’t run and jump to buy this game. Why the hell would you release it if you had frame rate issues. tired of devs putting out unfinished sloppy work to get an initial quick buck then fix then game later via patch.

I hate this generation of gaming! and I agree with #12 Let Metal Gear DIE! 4 is the last one stop trying to milk the franchise because you’re just not talented anymore to make fresh new games Kojima! A new ZOE would have rocked this gen or next with the visuals.

#13 1 year ago