Sony’s E3 2013 conference to follow Microsoft’s

Friday, 3rd May 2013 05:20 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony has announced its E3 2013 press conference will be held on the same day as Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft’s events.

Sony’s event, which is expected to give concrete details regarding the PlayStation 4, will take place on June 10 at 6:00PM PST.

It’s the fourth major conference announced so far. Microsoft’s is scheduled for the same day, at 9:30 AM PST. Ubisoft is next at 1:00 PM PST, followed by EA at 3:00PM PST.

Nintendo will not be hosting an event this year.

E3 2013 itself runs June 11 through 13 in Los Angeles.

1. redwood

they ‘ll probably show that game from square, (hopefully ff15) and the box.. and HOPEFULLY a price..am not so sure about the price..

2. Yoshi

That’s awesome. I was looking at the dates for e3 yesterday and thinking I’m gunna need to book a few days off but with the conferences being on the 10th I won’t need to :D

3. tezzer1985

That’s great news, means I’m guled to GT all day…looking forward to it

4. polygem

…and after that i will decide which one will get my money first…i will only buy one at launch thats for sure. will be a very very interesting e3 this year. finally. again.

5. tenthousandgothsonacid

MS have suggested they’ll price match Sony. If I was Sony I’d make em sweat and leave it as late as possible :)

6. Fin

Grumble grumble grumble 2am BST grumble grumble

(I assume the times as PDT and not PST?)

7. G1GAHURTZ

Same day!?

Oooh, this could get dirty.

I wouldn’t like to imagine the fanboy fisticuffs outside of the midnight launches if they actually released on the same day, too…

8. Dragon246

@Redwood,
    Announcing price before competitors will be stupid (remember Vita E3 price announcement and subsequent 3ds price drop). So I doubt E3 will reveal pricing, however if its low enough, they may announce it anyway.

@Ghz,
    Same day launch would really be epic. We would finaallly get conclusive evidence of which fan group is bigger :D

9. redwood

@dragon246.. agreed.. like i am not sure about it either.

10. salarta

Sony’s been winning this whole thing thus far. First to get an announcement out and with new and exciting features people hadn’t even imagined a console might have beforehand, essentially forcing Microsoft to wait a couple months to announce their own console without people using PS4 as the yardstick to judge them. And here with E3, we have Sony going after Microsoft.

Theoretically, Microsoft going first could keep everyone too distracted by their news for people to pay attention to Sony… but I really doubt that will happen. It’s E3. News coverage is going to be constant. What seems more likely to me is that since Sony goes after Microsoft, Sony’s announcements will linger as the last word between the two companies, making people pay more attention to what Sony announced last than what Microsoft announced first.

The only way I could see Microsoft distracting well enough for Sony to not get very much exposure is if they have an INSANE amount of exciting new features to mention and games to show off. Just saying “Here’s a new main installment of Halo” wouldn’t be enough, they would have to announce a lot.

11. Samoan Spider

@10 All I would say as a counter point is that it’s easy to win if you’re the only one running. MS haven’t been forced to do anything and I think they’re following a rigid marketing strategy. Big ships turn slowly and all that. Before E3 comes around, MS will have announced the console, detailed the specs, showed us what it’s capable of and this is where I agree with you. MS will have to pull something seriously tantalising out of the bag. But E3 should be used purely as a showcase for the games by both parties. That’s when the race will begin and yet the winner will not be decided by you or me. It’ll be decided in the quarterly earnings of each company.