Obsidian’s next-gen project already looking “great” – CEO

Friday, 3rd May 2013 11:52 GMT By Dave Cook

Obisian Entertainment CEO Feargus Urquhart has confirmed that the team is indeed working on a next-gen project and that it’s shaping up nicely.

Urquhart told Eurogamer last night that the project, “Is already looking great”, in response to a wave of rumours regarding Obsidian’s first next-gen project.

We covered the spree of LinkedIn profile quotes and portfolio entries that pointed to a next-gen title here. One developer even had “Unique next generation game,” listed on his CV under his active projects.

Some suggested that South Park: The Stick of Truth had gone next-gen, but Ubisoft announced yesterday that the game was still on track for a 2013 release.

So the question remains: What is Obsidian working on at the moment? It’s a big team that has a track record of producing multiple games at any one time. Between South Park and Project Eternity, could something Star Wars or Fallout-flavoured be lurking in the shadows?

Let us know what you think below.

1. Erthazus

Sequel to Fallout: New Vegas. Please Bethesda, give them a franchise to do stuff with it.

New Star Wars would be awesome too.

#1 12 months ago
  2. karma

#1 Stop it. You’re making me wet.

#2 12 months ago
  3. GwynbleiddiuM

Both of you get out, it’s an Star Wars RPG or I will use Force Storm on everyone!

One more thing it better be about a Sith Legend. I’m tired of being good guy jedi.

#3 12 months ago
  4. DaveDogg

I remember him saying “alpha protocol” was looking great as well

#4 12 months ago
  5. NinjaHart

I hope this will be a good game, I pre ordered it long ago.
    Pretty much just because it’s South Park and sounded like an interesting game at the time.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Samoan Spider

@1 Yeah either FV:NV 2 or KOTOR 3 :)

#6 12 months ago
  7. The_Red

After the fiasco with Lucas Arts (Thanks Disney, see you in hell), it would be nice to see a decent SW themed game.

To be honest though, I’m more excited to see some proper South Park and Eternity gameplay rather than any “next-gen RPG”. Plus, Eternity kinda is next-gen.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Edo

I expected him to say “It sucks,don’t buy it!”

#8 12 months ago