Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 developer Treyarch has rolled out its latest PC update, and just like the console variants, it offers a modified Team Deathmatch mode.
CVG reports that the only difference is that he mode awards players 150 points per kill, meaning they can rack up Scorestreak rewards much quicker. Admittedly, they are harder to get in TDM than say, Domination where flag captures net players 200 points at a time.
It seems Treyarch is testing the impact of extra points in TDM for research purposes. We’ll know more soon.
Meanwhile, here are the PC patch notes in full:
- Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
- Added a new playlist to Party Games that includes all party gamemodes. Get the party started with Party Mix.
- Party matchmaking is no longer determined by the partyleader’s content ownership, but is instead determined by any content that is owned by all party members.
- General improvements to matchmaking.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue where portions of the screen would be cut off in some display resolutions.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur while rendering a clip.
- Fixed some cases where gamepad button prompts would be missing while using a gamepad.
- Fixed an issue where the double XP icon would appear in Custom Games and League Play when double xp was not being awarded.
- Removed an erroneous store link in the videos section of File Manager.
- Store links now correctly link to individual item store pages instead of the Black Ops 2 game page in Steam.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where players could get infinite ammo for the Death Machine and War Machine.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players may not die when getting stuck with a Crossbow Bolt.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the Hunter Killer drones will float around slowly when they miss a target from a certain angle.
- Players can now enter the crouched position while sprinting with the Riot Shield equipped.
- Care packages now appear in blue and orange on the map when Color Blind Assist is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where players and turrets could survive the water rush when in certain areas on Hydro.
- Addressed an issue with League Teams appearing incorrectly when a player views another player’s League Team in the Leaderboards.
- Fixed a formatting issue in Leagues Season Final text where the date the player was placed was wrapping incorrectly.
- Overkill challenges will now progress if the player is using an alternate select fire mode.
- The upper metal plate of a planted Assault Shield now appears in the proper position during a Killcam.
- Addressed an issue with the Custom and Private Match change team scoreboard not updating in real time when the overlay is on screen.
- Addressed a rapid scrolling issue in the Preset Class Menu.
- Chopper Hunter Field Specialist challenge updated to Aircraft Hunter with a description that reflects the aircrafts that need to be destroyed to complete the challenge.
- Fixed an issue with the last player alive defusing the bomb in Search & Destroy not receiving any defuse points.
- The icon to distinguish a Search & Destroy bomb location is now visible to a Codcaster who is spectating the defending team.
- Fixed an issue in the Combat Record where the images would disappear when scrolling off of and on to the Combat Record.
- Reverted global spawn influencer change from previous game update due to undesirable side effects.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Players can no long get stuck by skipping the loading cutscene before a map has finished loading.
- Addressed various zombie pathing issues throughout the map.
- Fixed an issue where character conversations would overlap with each other.
- Addressed several exploits involving zombie pathing and the zombie shield.
- Resolved various pathing issues where zombies would not path to players behind open doors.
- Fixed an issue where players would see a ‘Connection Interrupted’ message on screen at the end of the game.
- Resolved an issue with textures displaying in low resolution.
What do you think? Should the kill reward in TDM be upped to 150 at a time? Let us know below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.