Xbox Fusion domains registered at Microsoft, suggests name – rumour

Wednesday, 1st May 2013 08:52 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox Fusion could be the name of Microsoft’s next-gen console, according to a slew of domain registrations that have popped up in the wild. The name has been rumoured before apparently, but the domains have only been unearthed recently.

NeoGAF has pointed to a Fusible article that spools off the domain names – XboxFusion.com, XboxFusion.info, XboxFusion.biz, XboxFusion.de, XboxFusion.co.uk – to name a few.

Microsoft owns them all, according to Fusible’s search on WHOIS, and the company also owns XboxNext.com and XboxGold.com.

We reported on the Xbox Gold domain registration here, if you want to play catch-up.

So there are three possible names now – Xbox Next, Xbox Gold and Xbox Fusion. Which do you prefer?

Either way, we’ll know once Microsoft reveals its new console on May 21st.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Xbox Headshot.

2. tezzer1985

I can see this happening, based on the fact they are trying to FUSE together all types of entertainment into the next Xbox 😉

3. Gheritt White

Shit name is shit.

4. Belmont

Reminds me of my Gillette razor. It is really good and shaves very close. I prefer Xbox Infinity.

5. Pytox

I bet it’ll just be like with Apple,
    it will be Microsoft Xbox with nothing added

6. TheBlackHole

How many times do I have to say this…

The new console is called XBOX. That’s it. Nothing else, no moniker, subtitle, nothing.

Just, Xbox.

Xbox Gold is their new premium multimedia service (including exclusive TV shows etc), and Xbox Next is going to be holding site for all next gen info leading from the announcement to release. Xbox.com will continue to run as the hub for the current gen console, for now.

Now, can we please ease up on the speculation until the announcement, when all this is confirmed?

7. Fin

Fusion’s alright!

Would’ve liked if PS4 stayed PS Orbis.

8. polygem

fusion huh? reminds me of persona 4. if the nextbox will suck me into a tv world i will be prepared. i will slay monsters with my nunchuck, wiimote and move wand in no time. xyba that suckers.

9. Kabby

10. polygem

@kabby

11. DrDamn

Fusion is probably more an idea/service than a console name. XBox Infinity would have been pretentious but entirely forgiveable if the successor was called XBox Infinity +1. That would have been awesome :)

12. KineticCalvaria

Still think it’ll be called xbox infinity, fusion is probably a service or peripheral as @11 points out.

13. Silent Killer01

I’d say that fusion is hands down the worst rumored name.

14. heroes159

calling it Xbox Fusion gonna confuse most consumers. its a bad name. I like XBOX 720. People atleast know what they are getting into. XBOX 720. Thats it.

15. The_Red

It think stuff like this or Xbox Infinite are services / first party apps. The next xbox will simply be called The Xbox.