Microsoft to host its pre-E3 press conference June 10

Tuesday, 30th April 2013 14:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft will once again host its pre-E3 press conference at the Galen Center on the University of Southern California campus on Monday, June 10.

This is according to Neowin, which called the Convention Center and received confirmation.

June 10 is the same day EA will host its press conference, which takes place at 1.00pm PDT.

Microsoft is hosting an Xbox unveiling at its Redmond, Washington campus on May 21, which can be watched live through Xbox Live and online.

E3 2013 takes place at the Los Angeles Convention June 11-13.

Thanks, John.

1. SlayerGT

Now I’m convinced no games will be shown on the 21st.

#1 1 year ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

June 10 is the same day EA will host its press conference, which takes place at 1.00pm PDT on June 10.

EA <3 Microsoft.

#2 1 year ago
  3. woe

@1 Phil Spencer did say that there will be games shown on the 21st https://twitter.com/PeeeThree

#3 1 year ago
  4. salarta

I can’t wait to bomb some Dodongos!

#4 1 year ago
  5. SlayerGT

@3 So he did..hmmm. We’ll see I guess.

#5 1 year ago
  6. anik_lc

What’s this crap? Microsoft will have the E3 Press Conference at LA on the same day, isn’t it? Then what’s this crap?

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

Does anyone have full dates / hours for these?

Sony, Ubi, Capcom or Konami? (Still bummed about lack of Nintendo conference. Their last few ones were crap but the E3 with 3DS unveiling was simply unforgettable).

#7 1 year ago
  8. Tavarish

@5 In fact this is smart move from MS.

They show off new XBox on 21st, throw around some, hopefully, awesome specs and other PR garbage. Then show off tip of theirs lineup of AAA game-iceberg with more PR spin and wrap show up. If done right, and if new Box is crowd pleasing, it will give them really nice hype momentum for E3 that is just 20 days from that point.

With that momentum they can cash that in when they open up press conference. Hit the ground while running so to say and hit that fucker out of the park with release plan (dates, prices etc.) and by showing off more of the that AAA game-iceberg that they will be using as release platform for theirs new console.

They have potential here to get really nice momentum, PR and hype wise, if they can just play two large press conferences well and right so close to each other. A lot will be determined on 21st, is new XBox what audience wants or not and will it give that first push of momentum.

TL;DL: If MS plays this well, and have audience pleasing HW & Content to show / tease, they will have momentum advantage over Sony in E3 because Sony played theirs “Hey, here is PS 4!” -cards so early on this year.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Phoenixblight

EA has done E3 on Mondays for the past couple of years. Don’t be getting your hopes up for some type of exclusive.

#9 1 year ago
  10. G1GAHURTZ

@6:

Maybe they have more than one version of the 720, or a detailed new feature, and want to dedicate time to unveiling them individually.

#10 1 year ago
  11. G1GAHURTZ

@9:

What hopes?

Assumptions, assumptions…

#11 1 year ago
  12. Phoenixblight

You have been going on other articles saying that EA will have some type of exclusive deal with MS.

THe fact that Nintendo is not having a conference this year allows the other two to have more conference time if so desired. THere is nothing to read into here.

#12 1 year ago
  13. G1GAHURTZ

@12:

I may have said it, but it doesn’t mean that it’s what I’m hoping for.

I am currently without any console, having disconnected both my 360, and PS3, so I really don’t care who gets what exclusive.

I plan on buying the one which is the closest to my expectations, and EA going MS exclusive doesn’t necessarily have any say in the decision, since I’m not interested in 90% of their games.

Only one I’m hyped for is the Respawn game, but there is no official info on that yet. There are just rumours.

#13 1 year ago
  14. AmeriToast

I think this is actually a very smart move by MS, on the 21st they show some of what the system can do and show off a few games. Then this pre-E3 conference they show off its capabilities like apps and other features. Then on E3 they focus mostly on the games and a few kinect games (its happening get over it).

This is what I am hoping for tbh, I think if they did that it would turn out very well for them.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Rockin a Jack D

All i can is Windows 8. Shudders…

#15 1 year ago
  16. sg1974

If they mention Windows Hate they’ve lost at least one sale. Please don’t merge the ecosystems. PLEASE.

And please give me something to justify that big camera on top of my TV. PLEASE.

#16 1 year ago