GTA 5 trailers for Franklin, Michael and Trevor released

Tuesday, 30th April 2013 16:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GTA 5 trailers have landed, as promised last week, focusing on the three main protagonists in the game: Franklin, Michael and Trevor.

GTA 5′s narrative involves interconnected stories between the three characters: Michael is a retired former bank robber in his early forties; Trevor is a drug addict who was Michael’s former crime partner; and Franklin is a repo man for a car dealership.

Watch the videos below – click on the character to watch his very own trailer.

GTA 5 will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 September 17.

1. deathm00n

The video isn’t showing up…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

? I see it just fine.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DrDamn

I get the placeholder image and then a “The video is unavailable” when I try playing it.

Edit: Working now :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. deathm00n

@2 Now it’s right, sorry!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

@3 That is because I was in the middle of switching the embed code for the one on our YT channel.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Patrick Garratt

Looks awesome. I hope it’s actually fun.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Moonwalker1982

There’s no way in hell it won’t be fun, look at the stuff in this trailer. Look at Trevor, the humor is back full blown, that is one crazy-ass dude, haha. IMO GTA IV was fun too, but this quite clearly goes miles beyond it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. ninjanutta

looks like a great game but graphics are dated,only hope that was ps3 graphics and they get this out on pc and ps4 etc or its gonna be a waste of a great game….Who am i kidding? course its gonna be on every platform possible.Maybe a ps4 launch title

#8 1 year ago
  9. Patrick Garratt

@7 Didn’t get on with GTA4 at all. Really hoping this nails it. I want to like this one.

#9 1 year ago
  10. YoungZer0

I like Michael. The others, not so much, especially not Trevor. Had problems understanding him too.

#10 1 year ago
  11. OmegaSlayer

Tired of the gangsta stuff, why not change it with hispanic stuff just for a change?
    I saw Michael, then Trevor, then Franklin because YT refused to show Franklin after Michael and I was quite hyped, then with Franklin’s trailer the interest towards the game fell from a good 9/10 to 4/10.
    I hope you can play only the characters you want.

#11 1 year ago
  12. deathm00n

@8 Everytime I see someone like you complaining about graphics being bad in a game everyone is saying is looking very good, I want to grab my monitor and smash it in your head.

But yeah, the game seems to be back to its glorious days of mindless fun restricted a litle by reality.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Patrick Garratt

Trevor’s my favourite, I think. Mainly because I’m an ageing, white weirdo.

#13 1 year ago
  14. SlayerGT

Love the idea of having multiple protagonist..no so sure about HAVING to switch between them.

#14 1 year ago
  15. YoungZer0

@14: My thoughts exactly.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Fin

Day one, natch.

Edge says preview embargo up at 5.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Samoan Spider

Hmm, going to have to watch this again later. No sound at work but looking damn good.

@12 Yeah, I think the same. The detail and movement looks phenomenal. I think the problem is, they expect full 1080p visuals from a flipping trailer!

#17 1 year ago
  18. Erthazus

3 characters idea is a bit…. I don’t know. Too much of that. Trailer is awesome. Visuals and everything else is dated as F. but whatever. Gameplay variety is there.

#18 1 year ago
  19. hives

Saying “tired of gangsta stuff” when last “gangsta style” GTA debuted in 2004… People are silly :P

#19 1 year ago
  20. Fin

Dude, I know I give you a hard time sometime, but I’m with you on the graphics. I mean like, fuck, they’re so shit. It actually hurt my eyes watching the trailer. They’re so dated, I might aswell be playing GTA 1.
    The graphics being dated will definitely enjoy my playing of the game, so I feel like I should tell that to everyone.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Stephany Nunneley

Trevor came in plain as day to me. For some reason, I expected him to have a “southern” accent with all the “hillbilly type” talk of him. I did like hearing Waylon in there though. He isn’t used often enough in soundtracks IMO. :)

#21 1 year ago
  22. Samoan Spider

@20 Poe’s law?

#22 1 year ago
  23. JRNO

These are just KILLER. And as usual, excellent handpicked soundtrack!
    Can’t wait to hear the original score (first time in series) as well.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Lengendaryboss

Yay i like all the characters especially Trevor.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Erthazus

Did anyone noticed that Michael’s voice is a bit younger for him?

#25 1 year ago
  26. Fin

#26 1 year ago
  27. Erthazus

^ He will play every shit out there even if it’s not fun.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Lengendaryboss

Yeah i noticed.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Fin

Er no, I’ll repeat what I said with some emphasis.

“For future reference, I don’t care about graphics, will happily play anything (omgz shitty sub hd 25fps) if it’s fun.”

Hopefully that clears it up.
    What I definitely don’t do is play games for 500 hours if I hate them. Or 600 if I think they’re mediocre.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Samoan Spider

@26/29 Haha, I know what you’re saying and I entirely agree. I know this’ll be ridiculous fun too and I don’t believe for one minute that the graphics will be poor as some are suggesting so this will be the best of both worlds (I’m guessing anyway)

#30 1 year ago
  31. DuckOfDestiny

Did I just see a return for Grove Street gang and the Ballas?

#31 1 year ago
  32. TheBlackHole

@10 agree completely. First trailer was brilliant, second was a bit bland, the third I genuinely didn’t like. I don’t even think I’d want to play as that character.

#32 1 year ago
  33. ps3fanboy

plain and boring as expected, i will stick to saint rows.

#33 1 year ago
  34. Edo

The second trailer is cliche after cliche after cliche……

#34 1 year ago
  35. Sanwiches

@31 I REALLY HOPE SO. Quite exciting

#35 1 year ago
  36. Nil

I think Franklins is by far the best trailer. It shows the hood, great looking police chases, dogs and escaping from Police.. and the gangster style hasn’t been in GTA for ages, and it’s a great theme. Trevor seems annoying and I feel like Michael will be un realistic in the fact that hes 40 odd and he’ll be running around everywhere lie you do in GTA!

Also, I agree about the graphics. Some shots look great but most look similar to GTA IV, which pisses me off a bit!

@33 saints row is absolutely awful, how can you prefer it to GTA, or any game infact? Crap graphics, crap gameplay, stupid & over the top style, shit maps, shit driving etc… awful!

#36 1 year ago
  37. Beta

Enjoyed Michael’s trailer the most if I’m honest.

#37 1 year ago
  38. Jerykk

Looks like it’s trying too hard to be a movie. The series has been surpassed by the numerous open-world games that actually try to have interesting gameplay. When I look at games like Watch Dogs, GTA just seems really antiquated. Adding more cinematics with Hollywood actors and fancy facial motion capturing isn’t really the kind of evolution the series needs.

#38 1 year ago
  39. LostInTheVoid

The Trailer for Michael has to be my favourite so far however that could be because the song was Radio Gaga and I’m a big Queen fan. definitely looking forward for this and Watch Dogs.

#39 1 year ago
  40. ninjanutta

@deathm00n Id love to see you try and smash your monitor in my head you silly little boy!!!I would destroy you.go back to your bedroom and play with your little monitor…I will stick to my BIG HDTV…
    the graphics are poor,deal with it.

#40 1 year ago
  41. theevilaires

seems like Rockstar made 3 protagonist to cover all the basic group of gamers out there. I wonder if Franklins character will have any connection with CJ’s since they both come from the gang bang life of San Andreas. Any how this game is looking to be epic and is it me or does this look next gen in a lot of shots.

#41 1 year ago
  42. deathm00n

@40 Wow, do I need to reply to this? Nah, I don’t think so…

#42 1 year ago
  43. Mjorh

Man it seems 2 be such an awesome game , i don’t know why i can’t get this multi-character stuff , i think u can get a better conncetion with one character rather than 3 ! BTW i hope this one be like SA , not that IV shit !

#43 1 year ago
  44. Eddie Rodrigues

The fitting soundtrack and the gorgeous graphics just made my hype increase! Rockstar please make the PC version sooner

#44 1 year ago
  45. FeaturePreacher

Those strippers clubs seem like they have better movement than in 4. Can’t wait to see what they do with boobs with the next generation of consoles. Hopefully they’ll use a lot of translucency.

#45 1 year ago
  46. tmac2011

grove street is back! and icp is in the game i think trevor is going to be my favorite charachter, then michael and then franklin

#46 1 year ago
  47. AmiralPatate

@45 Well, why would anyone make new hardware if it’s not to make better boob physics? :P

On an unrelated topic, it looks top, considering the open nature of the game. The level of detail is quite impressing for something of that magnitude.
    On an other unrelated topic, I hope to see 3-way coop missions, kinda like Borderlands, drop in and out at will. Or at least some free roam where you can do silly side missions.

#47 1 year ago
  48. FeaturePreacher

There’s also the use of better shaders so you can have translucent clothing in the strip clubs and when the ladies’ clothing gets wet.

#48 1 year ago
  49. AmiralPatate

@48 Surely wet shirt physics pair with boob physics.

#49 1 year ago
  50. Rosseu

@43 Agreed. SA gameplay. IV was bland and boring

#50 1 year ago
  51. RocknRolla

Franklin! maaan his trailer was awsome! don´t like much the other two :P but this game is going to be siiiiick! gonna play as Franklin 24/7 :D

#51 1 year ago