Watch_Dogs – Yannis Mallat on the reveal and tech

Monday, 29th April 2013 17:24 GMT By Sam Clay

Watch_Dogs, the new IP from Ubisoft Montreal, is turning plenty of heads. With the reveal of it’s release date earlier today, VG247 spoke to studio head Yannis Mallat about the game.

News broke today of Watch_Dogs’ release date as well as it’s numerous special/limited editions – perfect for filling your dusty window ledges. There’s a fancy new trailer in there too.

1. CaptPierce

To hell with GTAV, this is hands down my most anticipated game this year. November needs to come faster! :)

#1 12 months ago
  2. Moonwalker1982

While we’re at it, let’s not forget that Ubi is being a bit weird lately. They are milking the shit out of AC and it’s outstayed its welcome if you ask me. Then there’s Ghost Recon: FS that totally ruined GR and so on. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a WD2 next year. This game is a brand new IP, it can succeed and it can fail hard. I’m still very much on the fence with this one. To hell with GTA V? Oh hell no my friend. :)

With GTA you know what you are getting and while GTA IV was maybe a bit of a let down for some, all the signals point to Rockstar being aware of this. GTA V is going to be crazy and it’s not easy to compete with such a behemoth of a game. That said…i hope WD succeeds though, cause i really like the concept, which is clearly inspired from Person of Interest.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Eddie Rodrigues

@1 GTA is all about the open world madness and the multiplayer insanity, I am way more hyped to it than to Watch Dogs, where I only see a futuristic and more fun Assassin’s Creed (even that way, I wish to grab Black Flag)

@2 Totally ruined GR? lel

#3 12 months ago
  4. Moonwalker1982

Yes for me it did. The GRAW games already weren’t amazing, just enjoyable, but Future Soldier had ZERO to do with GR. I don’t know what went wrong there. But it changed GR so much that i already am scared for what they are going to do with the new Rainbow Six.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Dark

lol , stop it with the GTA trash talk already
    if anyone here expect Watch Dogs to be big as GTA V , then you will be disappointed

Watch Dogs will probably be big as AC3 at BEST , and it will contain much fewer details compared to GTA V map.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Phoenixblight

Or just get both games that is my plan. There is plenty of time between both games’ releases to enjoy them both.

#6 12 months ago
  7. deathm00n

I don’t know, the first trailer was pretty awesome. But the second one (the one they showed in PS4 reveal) gave me a impression that the game is just an Assassin’s Creed reskined. I hope it is good, don’t get me wrong. But I don’t know if it will be.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Moonwalker1982

That’s the problem i have with it too man. I LOVED how it looked at E3 last year, but the new footage during the Sony show was already a bit less impressive and special. We’ll see about this one.

#8 12 months ago
  9. Dark

btw

#9 12 months ago
  10. Eddie Rodrigues

@9 They said the same thing about AC3, I can play Benedict Arnold DLC on my PC without problems (well I got deluxe edition, still, not a full exclusivity)

#10 12 months ago
  11. CPC_RedDawn

Probably the worst interview I have ever seen.

He revealed nothing, all he said was “yea we used high end PC’s. Yea we using PS4, its nice. Console are great.”

Where was the tech reveal? Why not ask about the game engine? The technical limitations of current hardware compared to next gen consoles and next gen consoles compared to current high end PC? Why not ask if their is multiplayer? Why not ask how long it took develop?

Instead you spoke for half the already very short video about it not being leaked!?

#11 12 months ago
  12. YoungZer0

@4: Agreed. Not only is FS a bad Ghost Recon game, it’s a bad game period. Ghost Recon Online is the better game.

#12 12 months ago