Deadpool release date confirmed, pre-order incentives announced

Monday, 29th April 2013 12:56 GMT By Nick Akerman

Activision has confirmed its upcoming Deadpool title for a June 28th release on consoles and PC. A smidgen of pre-order incentives were also outlined alongside the announcement, providing Marvel fans with extra reason to join the anti-hero’s adventure.

Those who order from GAME (UK) and Gamestop (Eire) will receive the “Merc with a Map Pack” extras. This will add two new maps (GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower) to Deadpool’s Challenge mode, as well as the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force bonus costumes for use in the unlockable Infinite mode.

Sound good?

1. Gheritt White

Those are hands-down the worst pre-order bonuses I’ve ever seen.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Nick Akerman

Haha, I was absolutely waiting for that. :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. SameeR_Fisher

and still no real footage whatsoever, Sigh.

I feel bad about this.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@3: Don’t. That’s just Activision not giving a single fuck about their non WoW/Call of Duty games.

Remember Singularity? Of course not.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

@3: Do. That’s just Activision, putting out terrible games.

#5 1 year ago
  6. The_Red

Poor Deadpool. All the signs (Decreased price, lack of pure gameplay vids and semi-rushed release) point out to a bad game, which he definitely doesn’t deserve. Hopefully the story is at least good.

#6 1 year ago
  7. ninjanutta

Why!How do these jokers get away with NOT showing anything about the game and expect to make any money back?
    Activision take the piss,its just a way of spending money for tax purposes i reckon,has to be something like that….SCAM

#7 1 year ago
  8. deathm00n

@4 I remember Singularity. And it is the one game that made me hate activision. It was so good, but they just let it die.

About Deadpool, you can see this is going to be bad

#8 1 year ago
  9. SameeR_Fisher

#4: they will probably shatter the studio afterwards cause the game flopped, damn.

#9 1 year ago
  10. SplatteredHouse

I’m still picturing a Ninja Gaiden Black inspired adventure, playing for laughs. Especially now…given that I just saw a trailer that WAS that – “game teaser (unedited)” http://www.deadpoolgame.com/#!/videos -
    Other than the point that that ONE screenshot I saw before looks to have been bang on the money as a descriptor to whatever this is, I still don’t know where to be with it. It may well be mutton dressed up, which is certainly the impression the twit of a publisher is lending this!

#10 1 year ago