Soul Sacrifice video features producer walking you through the game’s finer points

Saturday, 27th April 2013 21:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Soul Sacrifice has a developer walkthrough video available below the break. In it, the game’s European producer gives you a look at the “finer points” of the horror-fighter-RPG from Comcept. Soul Sacrifice releases for Vita in the US on April 30 and in Europe on May 1. Thanks, Legendaryboss.

1. Lengendaryboss

Wait a second, Soul Sacrifice is a horror fighter? I didn’t get that vibe from the demo i thought it was more Dark Fantasy Adventure vibe.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Eddie Rodrigues

Wasn’t it a Boss Hunt?

#2 12 months ago
  3. aleph31

Looks really good, thanks to this game and Gravity Rush I’d buy a Vita (if I had the money)

#3 12 months ago
  4. polygem

game really looks and plays good. i cannot wait for it. it indeed is a system seller i think. it probably wont be but it should be if you know what i mean.
    @aleph: i hear you. gravity rush has a great concept but imo it is just a mediocore experience unfortunatley. not a bad game but it has some almost gamebreaking flaws. that’s just my opinion though. the concept and artdesign is great. i hope they improve the gameplay and story pacing with a sequel. it has huge potential.
    vita will get the needed pricecut by the end of this year when ps4 will launch or at some point next year i bet. then it will be a nobrainer to pick it up really. if you have ps plus you get a lot of cash “back” instantly too. gravity rush, uncharted, metal gear hd, virtues last reward, puddle, lumines, zen pinball2, jetpack joyride, thomas was alone and soon sine mora and velocity ultra. i mean it really is a lot of “free” stuff to play already. the memory cards need a pricecut too though ;)

#4 12 months ago
  5. aleph31

@polygem thx for the info :) What a pity about Gravity Rush, it looked so great on the vids… but if the gameplay sucks, then I’m out.

In any case I still consider the Vita a good investment right now: Datura, Tearaway, Guacamelee, Soul Sacrifice, Dragons Crown, Zone of the Enders… I know some are ports and some are peding for release, but the prospect looks good imho

#5 12 months ago
  6. Gekidami

^ GR’s gameplay doesnt suck, i suggest you look up some reviews.

#6 12 months ago
  7. BraveArse

GR: There’s a demo isn’t there? I thought it was one of the best games I’ve played on the system, really enjoyed it. Its always a personal thing but I would look at a range of opinions and read between the lines in all of them.

#7 12 months ago
  8. polygem

oh yeah zone of the enders hd is coming too, almost forgot. this is really cool stuff.
    GR isn’t a bad game, it is just not the masterpiece it could have been. imo the story is boring and the gameplay, while innovative and cool, is clunky and unprecise…it kind of killed the fun for me. game never really got me hooked thats all i can say. maybe it works for you though. i loved the first lost planet and that game is clunky too, the story is crap…still loved it. sometimes a game clicks, sometimes it doesn’t.

#8 12 months ago
  9. aleph31

@polygem @bravearse ok thx, if there’s a demo I’ll give it a try then (once I get the Vita :) )

#9 12 months ago
  10. polygem

yo…and do that (at some point…money is a b%#ch). would be cool to play some soul sacrifice and toukiden with you guys.

#10 12 months ago
  11. aleph31

@polygem sure man, will do :) (actually there’s going to be a bundle with Soul Sacrifice for €199 starting on May 1st., maybe I manage to pick that one)

#11 12 months ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

@9 definitely try the demo it gets you to grips with controls, the soundtrack is also very cool.

#12 12 months ago
  13. aleph31

@Legendaryboss hum ok, definitely gonna give it a try after all your comments, thx!

#13 12 months ago
  14. polygem

@11: but remember the memory card pricing! i wouldn’t buy anything less than 16gb, actually 32 isn’t enough in the long run imo. this makes it all much more pricey. i also recommend the pdp trigger grip. the case that works with that thing is the official licensed deluxe travel case. all that and ps plus and you will be good for a while…just sayin’

#14 12 months ago
  15. aleph31

@polygem with all that stuff, it gets into €300 – €350 territory, crap! 32GB is the maximum right now, isn’t it? (€75, ouch)

#15 12 months ago
  16. Eddie Rodrigues

@15 with a 16GB one you already do tons of things, I bought a 4GB card because I was short on money, I haven’t even used half of it!

#16 12 months ago
  17. polygem

@15: that´s exactly the problem :(

the mc´s need a pricecut too.

@16: serioulsy? i have 32 gb and “only” 10 gb left. if you have ps+, want to play some psn games and one psp games or two, 4gb and 8gb is totally useless imo.
    sure you can use the data manager and put stuff on your ps3 or pc and then back on the vita but that´s not something i want. i would rather get a 64gb mc for 30 euro, not for 150 euro (if it would be priced like the others)

i was on the fence about the vita for a while, now i am loving it. i would wait for the pricecut, then i would totally get one! :)

#17 12 months ago
  18. lexph3re

Well to be fair Poly you don’t HAVE to download everything at once.lol I got a 16gb from a 4gb. I am very pleased with the difference but wouldn’t have made the upgrade if it wasn’t for my PAS updates.

60 bucks for 16gbs also didn’t break my wallet in the slightest. And I hae over 18 games on it right now.. That’s a lot.lol

#18 12 months ago
  19. Eddie Rodrigues

@17 Oh you have the PS+, this will severely increase the amount of things you play and own, I considered getting it when I only had a PS3 but the PSVita received dozens of content so I miiiiight check it out

#19 12 months ago
  20. polygem

@18: sure you don´t have to download everything at once (i like doing that though). 16gb is probably good enough, yea. sure, i could also afford the 80 euro for the 32 gb but i still think it´s insanely priced, way too expensive. not so cool, but if you think of it, sony sells the vita with a loss (don´t they?) so it kind of makes sense to try to get some money back this way and at least the customer has the option to just stick with the 4gb one if they do not want to spend more cash on it. you can still play all the retail games and have your save files. i like to have all my digital games on the system though. really hate to worry about not having enough space left on the mc, so i´d really go 64gb if i could. i would repurchase a lot of the psp games then.

edit: the vita was 170 euro with a retail copy of lbp and i think a 4gb card recently on amazon.de. that´s an amazing price if you ask me. it´s a bargain really.

@19: with ps3 and vita ps+ becomes even more awesome really!

#20 12 months ago
  21. Dragon246

Btw, will anyone be available to play SS in June? I will be really busy the entire May, so SS will be a June buy for me.

On Vita, I don’t see any problems with mem cards, simply because if you are mobile customer, you would probably used to expensive mobiles charging 100 bucks for 32 to 64 gig upgrade.
    On that, Sony should definitely bundle every Vita with a 4 gb card (or even lower), so that people can play the games they buy without an additional purchase. Should be beneficial for both consumer and should not cost Sony a lot.
    Content Manager is not that bad too. I have about 40 gb of Vita data on my PC.
    If you own Plus (greatest sub service in gaming right now imo), you should definitely own a Vita. I would say probably wait for E3, since I am hoping for a price cut announcement.
    But imo the best time to cut price will be Sep-Oct, when big AAA Vita releases will release for Vita (KZ, Tearaway, possibly AC and then another COD), just like Jp price cut came witha deluge a great Vita games So I think Gamescom will be the best time to announce the price cut.

Note- Livestream of Beyond 2 souls is going on at ps blog right now, if anyone is interested.

#21 12 months ago
  22. polygem

haha dragon…if you want to add me feel free to do so: OhMikeOdd is my psnid. will definitley still play soul sacrifice in june.

#22 12 months ago