Resident Evil: Revelations dev diary touts “Heritage and Horror”

Friday, 26th April 2013 21:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom has released a developer dairy for Resident Evil: Revelations called “Heritage and Horror”. It’s the first developer diary to be released for the downloadable title. You can watch it below. Resident Evil: Revelations will release on PC, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 in North America on May 21 and across Europe on May 24. A demo for the title will hit Xbox Live, PSN and the Wii U eShop “soon.”

1. salarta

The first guy speaking looked really sad the whole time he was talking. Hope he was and is okay!

It sounds like they’re starting to get some idea of how to treat IPs, but I was slightly annoyed by the apparent need they felt they had to briefly mention and show off RE5 and RE6. Note I said slightly. I don’t see why those games need to be considered at all in talking up Revelations when Revelations was released before RE6 yet the team behind RE6 didn’t seem to think Revelations or Jill (or Claire and Code Veronica for that matter) were worth taking into consideration for RE6.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Takeshi

@1: Doubt it, that’s just Japanese people speak. Frustrating since they always seem to do ” eh-do” and stopping themselves in their sentences.

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

@1: Dude, even when you have nothing to complain about, you still complain.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DreamCleaver

Doesn’t look scary at all, TBH. The game will probably feature clunky controls, as per usual, as well as an extremely narrow FOV. Now, that’s what frightens me.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Unlimax

@3 Did anyone Criticize something becomes complainer ?

wow just wow .

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

@5 – In YoungZer0′s defense, Salarta was complaining about something ridiculous. He finally gets a game with one of his Resident Evil waifus in it and he takes the time to complain about her not being in completely different game. It does get really tiring to read about Jill and Claire all the time.

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

@6: And it gets really tiring seeing Chris and Leon in every single game and having to read about them all the time, while Jill and Claire are treated like they’re minor support characters for Chris and Leon that didn’t deserve to be in the most important game of Resident Evil’s anniversary!

I said certain elements of the video were slightly annoying. I even emphasized the word slightly. Some people just want me to not be allowed to have criticisms about anything, yet get to make complaints of their own, particularly about things I value.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

STOP! No one wants to hear it! Get yourself a blog! No one cares about your Jill and Claire obsession! You finally got a game with Jill in it, so stop your bitching!

#8 1 year ago
  9. salarta

@8: Stop? Okay, fuck you. You defend someone complaining about me and complain about me yourself in the process, then when I calmly defend myself, your response is to basically tell me to shut the fuck up because I’m not allowed to say anything to defend myself?

If you want me to stop my bitching, why don’t you try not bitching yourself? You know, set an example. Ever think of that? I may have spoiled 3rd Birthday for you, which I apologized for afterward, but at least I never goaded you into a comment and then told you to go away and let me bash you. And I never will, because I’m not such a colossal dick that I think people that don’t agree with me, even if they say what they think a lot, should be silenced.

To any VG247 staff reading this, I feel I should say that I’m sorry for the crap that has been flaring up on these comment sections lately. Some of it is obviously my fault, and for the ones that are my fault, sorry. I will try harder at not getting into it with these kind of people from here on out.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

You know I’ve defended you against him, as well. I calls it like I sees it. Bottom line. I don’t play favorites. In fact, if you look at our history, he and I agree on very little. But I totally see his point in this case. When he was giving you shit, even though you then spoiled a game, I still stood up for you.

You wanna make it personal? Fine. Don’t care who likes me and who doesn’t. This shouldn’t be about us. It should be about the game. People get on your case because you insist on making every single Resident Evil article about your personal obsession with Jill and Claire. And here, you have a game where you have Jill and you should be happy, yet you’re still going off on her absence in another game! Can you see why that’s annoying? I don’t try to start fights with people (except maybe Francis). I’m just giving you the truth.

#10 1 year ago
  11. salarta

@10: I had a longer response, then decided it’s not worth it. Even now, you claim to want it to be about the issues while bashing me. You don’t see how you made it personal first, or you won’t admit it, and you likely never will. Have fun being one of the people you claim you’re not.

#11 1 year ago