Dragon’s Crown: new trailer focuses on the Elf class

Friday, 26th April 2013 12:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon’s Crown developer Vanillaware has published a new trailer for its PS3 and PS Vita fighter, this time focusing on the ranged Elf class.

The game has also been confirmed for a North American release on August 6. Europe still waits with baited breath.

What do you think?

Thanks AGB.

1. The_Red

I really don’t know how they make their games so beautiful. Also, glad to see they didn’t cave in after the stupid backlash against sorceress trailer. To some misguided crybabies: Hey, it’s fantasy video game. Ever seen great fantasy artworks? They are all feature exaggerated body portions on male and female characters.

The sexism problem of video games should not result in censoring of titilation designs like these. Sure, there should be more characters like Alyx and Elizabeth but they should exist ALONG with these booby ones. I still can’t believe one of the best Kotaku writers fell for it and used the stupid 14 year old designer joke. Shameful…

2. Dave Cook

@1 The art style is amazing yeah – gender debate aside. The animation is also superb. Can’t wait to play this one.

3. YoungZer0

@1: “Ever seen great fantasy artworks?”

Please show me artworks of Lord of the Rings characters having exaggerated body portions. :)

As much as I dislike having mah videogames full of stereotypes, I still respect the artists.

It’s their game and nobody is forcing you to play it. Still want to play it? Play a different character, nobody is forcing you to play the sorceress.

The game is full of over-exaggerated characters, the men just as the women, yet somehow the half-naked Amazon is sexist but the half-naked Dwarf is not.

… because it’s a “male power fantasy” to look like balls of muscles that have been glued together. The Kotaku guy was full of shit. Should’ve simply apologized to the artists for insulting him, instead of hammering down his point.

4. Erthazus

I have no issue with Sorcerress at all. It’s a side Joke and nothing more. A big breasted woman from stereotypical anime with cool magic that blows the shit out of the orcs.

It’s a funny reference and nothing more. It’s a sidescrolling videogame. It should be fun.

P.S. funny thing though is no one complains about the elf that looks like a 15 year old with 12 year old voice. I guess there are a lot of retards out there… that complains about big tits in the game with anime art-style.

5. EdibleKnife

Love the art. Love the gameplay. I’m still getting this. Screw the noise.

6. Clupula

I really am waiting to see the reaction to the Amazon trailer.

7. The_Red

@2 Agreed but my point was also about the choice in character design. They did the same thing in Odin Sphere and Muramas (To lesser degree).

@3 Got me there :)
    But seriously, aside from Tolkien’s work, there are a lot of paintings and works inspired by Barbarian / Conan / Heavy Metal themed posters and female armor designs.

8. Clupula

@3 – When he said that, I was thinking more Boris type work, than the rather caste Lord of the Rings type stuff. Boris’ stuff is all about the muscular Barbarian chicks in thongs.