Rayman Legends dated: online challenges app on Wii U now

Thursday, 25th April 2013 11:48 GMT By Dave Cook

Rayman Legends developer Ubisoft has dated its platformer on all formats for an August 30 launch. Wii U owners can now download a free online challenge app from Nintendo’s eShop now.

Ubisoft confirmed the Wii U, Xbox 360 And PlayStation 3 release date in a press release this morning, and added that the online challenge app is completely free.

Here’s a trailer of the app in action:

The app is exclusive to Wii U and will let players tackle a number of weekly in-game challenges and compete against players around the world.

Will you be picking up Rayman Legends at launch? Let us know below.

1. bugmenot

not ALL platforms, no PC version

#1 12 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 all platforms it was previously announced for.

#2 12 months ago
  3. OlderGamer

I will be buying it, WiiU as planned.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Fin

Day one.

#4 12 months ago
  5. CyberMarco

These features could have been implement with the PS3/Vita too. I suppose this is the least they could give to Wii-U owners for the delay…

#5 12 months ago
  6. Gurdil

@OlderGamer same here. I wasn’t happy when I learnt about the delay but never intended on boycotting it. And I love my WiiU despite its lack of good games so… Well, that’ll be one more ! ;)

#6 12 months ago
  7. OlderGamer

Except Cyber, that will likly never happen. Devs have to consider the % of PS3 owners that own a Vita as well as a PS3 vs the fact that everyone who owns a WiiU has the gamepad. If you want WiiU style controls, buy a WiiU. And really the gamepad is one of the biggest strengths of the system. It makes for a fantastic and unique way of playing most games.

#7 12 months ago
  8. CyberMarco

^ Yeah, I’m sure the tablet-controller can deliver some great experiences. But still, the devs have already created this extra content, would it be so hard (or expensive) to give this gameplay to PS3/Vita owners. Maybe SONY could give some $$$ to promote the idea…

#8 12 months ago
  9. OlderGamer

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying. It wouldn’t seem to hard to do to.

#9 12 months ago
  10. CyberMarco

Personally speaking, I’ll buy a PS Vita one day or another, not right away. Maybe when there’ll be a new redesigned model and when the memory cards will be cheaper. I still have to play Rayman Origins and I think I’ll be buying it for the Vita. If Ubishoft made these features available for the PS3/Vita I would be buying Rayman Legends too. Maybe I’m just the minority…

#10 12 months ago