Metal Gear Legacy Collection Japanese site open: shows bundle contents & screens

Thursday, 25th April 2013 13:30 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Legacy Collection has received a Japanese site from Konami, showing off the compilation’s lovely box art, contents and screens of each of the games.

The site can be found here, and shows off the bundle’s contents and pack design:

There’s also a timeline of all the games, and screens of each game from the MSX original Metal Gear to Metal Gear Solid: Peace walker.

The pack has also been confirmed for a North American release.

1. ps3fanboy

now it remains to see if it all comes on the disc or there is some stupid download codes.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Belmont

Now,I’m eagerly waiting for EU confirmation. Its probably when rather than if (right ??)

#2 1 year ago
  3. CyberMarco

Release it to the EU, come on! Can’t wait. :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. Rikki

And I just bought the HD collection plus MGS1 from PSN 2 weeks ago. Oh well, need to re-buy the Metal Gear games. Again…

#4 1 year ago
  5. tmac2011

its only on ps3 so im assuming there are no codes and they can fit all games onto the discs, but idk if MGS1 is remade thats all i want to know cuz snake is the twin snake version image if they just did that , im getting two one to open and one not to open ever :D this will be awesome

#5 1 year ago
  6. CyberMarco

@5 I’m sure that MGS1 is the original PSone game, I think Nintendo has the license of Twin Snakes.

If you look closer to the discs, you can see 4 titles in the first one and 1 title in the second. So MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS:PW are on disk 1 while MGS4 is on disk 2.

#6 1 year ago
  7. CyberMarco

Now that I think about it, I’m not sure if we are going to see this collection in EU/UK, because the 25th Anniversary Edition of MGS 4 wasn’t released in the US.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Quiiick

@#4 (Rikki)
    Me too! Just purchased the “MGS HD Collection” one week ago.
    I’ll buy the “Legacy Collection” as well. You can never have enough MGS-games … ;)

#8 1 year ago
  9. ps3fanboy

@5 yeah like they did with the god of war collection.. let the psp games come as download codes. by doing so it become a not so complete collection….

#9 1 year ago
  10. ruuddick

bad news, guys. MGS1 will come as a downloaded code, and possibly not an HD version nor Twin Snakes version.

i don’t know japanese, but you can use google translate to see MGS1 and MGS Integral is downloadable through PS Store. The total price 7.600 JPY is equivalent to 76.5 USD at the moment.

kind of a letdown from Konami and KojiPro, considering the awesome reveal of MGS V

#10 1 year ago
  11. Clupula

Why the hell would it be an HD version of a PS1 game? That’d be the most hideous, ugly thing ever? And I’m glad it’s not the Twin Snakes, because of all that jumping on rockets shit is not canon.

You people act like you don’t have the internet to download stuff from.

#11 1 year ago
  12. osric90

Yes, this is as user above, above, says. One disc is MGS HD Collection and the other is MGS4: Guns of the Patriots. Then there’s a PSN card with a unique code for the original MGS. If you have those mentioned already, I don’t think there’s nothing amazing here… unless you’re a wealthy collector. Anyway, looks elegant and very attractive to newcomers to the saga or for those who lost their previous discs.

#12 1 year ago
  13. CyberMarco

So MGS1 is a PSN download? Neat! Now I’ll be able to play it on the go when I’ll get a PS Vita. If only there was a code of Peace Walker for the PSP so I wouldn’t buy it again from PSN.

#13 1 year ago