Okami: Capcom teases announcement for next week

Wednesday, 24th April 2013 12:53 GMT By Dave Cook

Okami could be getting a sequel or a release on other formats, according to an announcement tease from Capcom’s official Okami Twitter feed. Famitsu has also teased something that may or may not be related. Judge for yourself here.

The tweet was translated by Gematsu, and reads, “Hello, this is Okami news. Sorry I’ve been kind of out of touch lately, but I have the feeling we’ll be able to drop a fresh announcement like WHAM! around the beginning of Golden Week, so please look forward to it. Right now we’re on track with preparations.”

Golden Week is a string of Japanese public holidays that takes place between April 29 and May 5 this year, and the site adds that the May 9 issue of Famitsu will reveal something new, but stressed that this may not be related to Okami at all.

The current issue said, “The new game to bring fans tears of happiness finally comes to life! A must-see!”

So, are the two related? What do you think the Okami feed is talking about? Let us know below.

Thanks CVG.

1. a7md1990

David, I notic how you avoid including “Okami 2″. Make a quick edit cuz IT’S HAPPENIN’ BABY!

2. friendlydave

Okami 3DS. Would love to see a new console release but I doubt it. I will happily accept being wrong though.

3. ps3fanboy

release the fucking game on disc for fucking sake… ohh god i hate these rental digital only crap.

4. Joe Musashi

Wii-U exclusive incoming?

JM

5. Deacon

Most likely to be an Okamiden Vita release I think. Like #2 though, I will HAPPILY accept being wrong. I’d love this to be a next gen sequel / prequel to Okami! I’d sacrifice my first-born to see a next gen Okami!

6. KAP

If this is Okami 2 then it’ll be the only news this generation since Okami HD to truly blow my fuckin mind. And if this was for next gen my mind will melt right here right now!

7. monkeygourmet

Okami Wii U, the pad would make sense…

As would Okami Vita HD

8. monkeygourmet

Also, doesn’t Nintendo have a Wii U Nintendo Direct in a few days?

Edit, actually it’s ANOTHER 3DS Nintendo Direct?! Thats crazy…

9. The_Red

Here is Okami 2! Developed by a western dev and featuring 100 levels, 95 of which will be released as paid on disc-DLC.

10. Dave Cook

Give it to Platinum Games, Capcom. You know it makes sense.

11. KrazyKraut

Okami Wii U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WANT!

12. Fin

Been playing through Okami HD. About six hours in, it’s very pretty, but is essentially Zelda with a wolf. Drives me fucking insane that I can’t speed up or skip text during cutscenes.

13. Telepathic.Geometry

I platinumed this a while ago, and loved every god-damned SECOND of it. Gaming perfection!

So I actually don’t want them to try to do a sequel. And yet, I do… I’m conflicted.

14. Deacon

@12 – except for the more pivotal moments, most text sections can be sped up by tapping X.

@13 – Gaming perfection! Fuckin’ A!

15. Clupula

If it’s Okami 2, I can see it as a PS3/PS4 title. If it’s a Vita version of Okamiden, I will be a lot less excited.

16. The_Red

NO!!! The world won’t survive! They are already working on Bayonetta 2. A Platinum developed Okami sequel is not meant for us mortals.

17. malethief

Yup he’s right. The majority of the Clover team left Capcom and is at Platinum games. However I do wonder what this announcement is. I loved the original and I enjoyed Okamiden on the DS so I’m curious what this is about.

18. xino

i tried Okami, good game so far.
    i love the slash:)