DualShock 3 wireless controller in metallic gray heading to North America

Wednesday, 24th April 2013 20:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those looking to add a bit of color to their life can pick up a metallic gray DualShock 3 wireless PS3 controller soon in North America. A release date wasn’t provided, just a teasing tweet is all, but the controller releases in Japan in June 20, so it shouldn’t be too far off. You can have a look at it through the link. Thanks, Polygon.

1. theevilaires

Ok SONY lets knock it off with the current gen stuff and start selling those PS4 controllers instead. Would be nice if the PS4 controllers were backward compatible with the PS3.

2. queeparem

it looks really nice, i hope battery will be much better than in version 2

3. Chris8bits

@#1 Uhh.. no. Then it would have to have all the six access crap and pressure sensitive buttons.. It would have to be 100% compatible with all current PS3 products. Your comment is nonsense.

4. theevilaires

^ no you’re nonsense and I said it would be nice not they should have. The DS4 has everything the DS3 has you moron except the pressure buttons which devs never used in the first place. It wouldn’t be a total replacement of the DS3 but another option if you don’t want to keep switching back to the DS3.

Thank you very much.

5. Chris8bits

@#4 It’s still just not a realistic point of view. I resisted from resorting to any insults to your intelligence, by the way, but I see that your childishness came out on its own for all to see anyway, ha ha.. Done.

6. theevilaires

The truth can’t be an insult…its just simply the truth. The fact that we all know the DS4 is Bluetooth has all the existing buttons of a DS3 plus sixaxis and you don’t makes you a moron. A simple firmware update would make the controller compatible as any third party one.

I’m sure many others would agree….you’re a moron.

Who here wants to get their hands on a PS4 controller like me and use it with your PS3 until the PS4 comes out? I don’t want another colored DS3. I want the DS4.

7. Red Demon

#6 I kind of agree with you, I wouldn’t mind having a DS4 controller, but the only problem is since SONY announce the DS4 was for the PS4, does that defeat the purpose of the DS4. I definitely agree with you though about SONY selling different current Gen stuff in different colors. I just assume that those are just luxury items that people are willing to buy. Oh yea, these are my opinions and I respect everyone as well.

BTW I like reading comments of other people, I find it funny and Interesting.

8. theevilaires

@ Red Demon… It doesn’t defeat the purpose of the DS4 because the DS4 has a new interface (the track pad on front) that PS4 games with take advantage of not PS3 games. This leaves the DS4 still very significant to buy. Now let me break it down.

1. SONY releases the DS4 for sale during the E3 press conference.

2. People are so hyped about the new info about PS4 they have to have a taste of it as early as possible.

3. This gets people wanting to buy a PS4 on launch because they already have the controller and have been ready since summer time to get a PS4.

4. Having a DS4 and using it everyday with your PS3 is going to make you want the PS4 so much more everyday. Every time you pick up that controller you’re going to say I have to get a PS4 to use this track pad.

5. The DS4 uses bluetooth just like DS3. An easy firmware update can enable it.

6. How much will the DS4 cost to manufacture? $15-$18 at most and SONY can sell it for $55 earning money before the PS4 even drops already making the PS4 ecosystem profitable before day 1.

7. Releasing the DS4 now also decreases the heavy load of demand and supply and SONY can focus more on the PS4 manufacturing faster.

8. It might actually sell more PS3s too since most of the cry babies from that other system complain about the DS3 sucking. This will hopefully shut them the hell up for good and convert their punk ass back to the console brand that gave them years of the best gaming in the industry (you know the people I speak of).

So yea enough with the multicolored DS3 thing and to be honest that kind of shit should have been released within the first 3 years of the PS3 life. Do these idiots actually sit around playing golf or something and suddenly think releasing a new colored Ds3 will spice up sales? It probably cost them pennies to just add a different color other than black. Really SONY? Stick that silver DS3 up your ass and give me a DS4 for sale at E3. You’d be very wise to listen to me SONY.