The Evil Within announcement screenshots arrive

Tuesday, 23rd April 2013 16:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Screenshots for The Evil Within have been released by Bethesda, now that the exclusivity period with IGN has ended. Helmed by Shinji Mikami at Tango Gameworks, The Evil Within is in development for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and next generation consoles and is slated for release in 2014.

1. The_Red

Love the feel of them but they don’t look next-gen to me. Really hope it looks awesome in motion because that reveal teaser was the best horror-game thingy I’ve seen in ages.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 it’s not a next-gen game bud :)

EDIT: Not entirely I mean. It seems these pics are for current-gen formats, then next-gen versions will get some sort of separate reveal of their own because marketing.

#2 1 year ago
  3. life28

those exteriors are soo ugly. Like from 2005 year, not nextgen.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 See #2

#4 1 year ago
  5. foofly

The first pic is straight out of Resi 4.

#5 1 year ago
  6. life28

@4 look at fifth pic. It looks like from PS Vita, this is really not a game from 2014 year. But I still hope in atmosphere

#6 1 year ago
  7. DuckOfDestiny

Looks like Resi 4 but more survival horror orientated. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Titireasca

All screenshots are from PS3 version.

#8 1 year ago
  9. osric90

One thing good gamers should learn: Not everything is about graphics as in literature not everything is about rhyming and in filmmaking not everything is about FX. Hope it’s good, though, it will sure look better on its PC version like most of the games coming out right now, but anyway… Join the party for no more pre-rendered cutscenes, which are the WORST for any game.

#9 1 year ago
  10. salarta

I’m disappointed by the obsession with graphics being super ultra high quality realistic. But then, I’m disappointed in a lot of the things the majority of people pull regarding treatment of the medium and franchises within it, so this is just another notch among many notches.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Clupula

Really, excited for this game. It has a Silent Hill meets RE4 feel to me and that sounds about perfect.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Gheritt White

Not for me! Can’t do gore.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Mjorh

It seems that we’re gonna have hell of a real survival horror !

Wating 4 gameplay trailer…

#13 1 year ago