Free 3DS game via Nintendo’s So Many Games promotion

Monday, 22nd April 2013 15:52 GMT By Stace Harman

Nintendo is offering 3DS owners the chance to pick-up a free game when they register three titles from a list of eight top releases. The promotion is aptly named, “So Many Games!”

Starting at 3pm CEST tomorrow April 23, register three 3DS titles from a list of eight and you’ll be able to download a fourth from the list for free.

The eight games included in the promotion are:

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS Version)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
  • Luigi’s Mansion 2
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

You can only participate in the promotion once, meaning its not possible to get all eight games by only buying six, but it’s a very appealing offer nonetheless. Full details can be found on the promotional web pages. The list of eligible countries can also be found on the same site and is restricted to a number of European countries and Russia.

Nintendo’s So Many Games promotion starts tomorrow April 23 and runs until June 30 11:59pm CEST.

Which free game would you choose?

1. mistermogul

This is a seriously good offer. Well done NoE!

Free DK for me, woot!

#1 1 year ago
  2. DrDamn

That’s a decent offer as there are a lot of quality titles in there. One point of note on the conditions “b) are aged 16 or over “. So register them with a valid account to claim the free one.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Francis O

Just what I was thinking…..But it’s for Europe, and I live in the US. I got Star Fox 64 for free though!

#3 1 year ago
  4. jevonski

nice I was planning to pick up 4 of those titles so that saves me some cash :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. Hirmetrium

Gonna need help here guys:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS Version) -I plan on picking this up soon, as my friend has it on the Wii U and strongly recommends it. I also have a circle pad (no brainer).

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate – I was interested by this. It may be the downloadable, but I wasn’t sure if I should get it. Can anybody recommend it?

Luigi’s Mansion 2 – I hear good things about this, and I’m considering purchasing it too. Thoughts?

Fire Emblem: Awakening – Got this last week. It’s fan-fucking-tastic, and fully deserves the high reviews. Completely reinvigorates the slowly stale FE/AW formulae. I highly recommend getting this.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity – Mystery Dungeon – not interesting. Anybody got a case for this game?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Animal crossing. Not interested.

LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins – Eurogamer made this sound terrible. I was considering it, but in the face of Luigi and MH3U, I was going to ignore it.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – Loved the original, but difficult as hell. Also fan of retro studios. Any love for this?

#5 1 year ago
  6. ClubCyberia

America nooooooooo

#6 1 year ago
  7. mistermogul

@5 – Only played the demo so can’t really comment on MH3 Ultimate…

There is a demo of Castlevania on eshop which may help you decide?!

Luigi’s Mansion is excellent and well worth picking up.

I agree Fire Emblem rocks!! ;)

Pokemon/Animal Crossing/Lego – ditto.

Donkey Kong – Lot’s of love for this. One of Wii’s best games imo.

For 3DS the developers have added an “easy” mode giving you an extra heart piece as well as things like a balloon which enables you to float back up to the platform if you fall down a hole etc. Could make completing the game easier than the Wii version which I got stuck on.

I’m gonna pick DK up as I think it will be well suited to the 3DS and there will be no annoying waggle controls! Yay!

It’s gonna be an expensive year for me on 3DS with all these games out now and Pokemon, Yoshi’s Island, Zelda, Mario & Luigi etc still to come. Though this free offer will help!

@6 – I’m sure this offer will come to the US. Fingers crossed for you!

#7 1 year ago
  8. jevonski

@5 I can say having played MH3U with the circle pad that the screen is too small on the 3ds might be better on the 3ds fat.

Fire Emblem is epic I have to agree with you so many support links to unlock ^^ and it’s got great humour.

I’m actually a fan of the mystery dungeon series it’s not quite Roguelike but it’s close enough to be fun gonna pick it up.

#8 1 year ago
  9. xBASSxMONSTAx

I have 3 games on the list already. But I cant see the promotion banner. :(

#9 1 year ago
  10. DrDamn

Read the second from last paragraph.

#10 1 year ago