Jak and Daxter Collection releasing on Vita in June

Friday, 19th April 2013 14:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced the Jak and Daxter Collection will arrive on Vita in June. It contains remastered HD versions of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak 2, and Jak. It will contain three more Platinum trophies than was available with the PS3 version released in February 2012. The collection will run you €29.99/$29.99. A trailer is below.

1. CyberMarco

I just got my platinum on Jak 2. I don’t think I would rebuy this game for the PS Vita, when I’ll get one…

#1 1 year ago
  2. polygem

pfff. posted it in the “News” thread days ago and already preordered a copy ;)
    i love this. it´s nice to play these games on a handheld.
    that said i really hope the same will happen for sly, ratchet, shadow of the colossus, ico etc. i will buy them all for sure eventhough i played them all already and even own some of the hd versions already as well. These games are classics that put you in a good mood instantly. never get old.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DrDamn

Ico HD/Shadow of the Colossus HD were patched to support remote play.

#3 1 year ago
  4. CyberMarco

God of War 1+2 too.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Truly disappointed :(

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

Great I haven’t bought it yet for PS3 so I’ll get it for Vita now. Easy trophies on the go is always a plus ;)

#6 1 year ago
  7. diego-rbb-93

#3 Which is disappointing. I mean, its just an excuse to keep saying to the users “you already have the game in your Vita, whats the problem?”

The problem is I need to be some metters close to a PS3 and I want the game ported fo Vita and enywhere. I hope to see some day a real release of these games on Vita, and not a useless Remote Play.

Im a bit disappointed about not seeing any touch control support, but well… Years ago I said that if a saw this game on Vita, I would buy it. Im doing it but not today, in time I will.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Telepathic.Geometry

@CyberMarco: /fistbump

I platinumed the whole Jak Collection, and I have to say that Jak II is probably the worst game I have ever completed let alone platinumed. And Jak and Daxter is still one of my all time favorite games ever, and in my opinion a master class in game design. How they could have created an abomination like Jak II I’ll never know.

Jak 3 actually turned out to be something of a return to form, but oh GOD! Jak II = Fucking shite! The internet isn’t big enough to contain my hate for that ‘broken’ game.

Verdict:

Jak 1: 10/10;
    Jak 2: 05/10;
    Jak 3: 08/10.

#8 1 year ago
  9. CyberMarco

@8 Strange, for me Jak 2 was the best game in the trilogy. I played all the games back in the PS2 days. I have platinumed Jak 1 too, still have to start Jak 3, I’ll wait till a later date, my backlog is really big. Trying to exploit PS+ as much as possible.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Stoopid_Snot

Let’s hope it’s cross buy as well (hope… mother of all fools :( )

#10 1 year ago
  11. CyberMarco

^ Too good to be true…

#11 1 year ago
  12. theevilaires

@8 you’re on crack!

Jak and Daxter – 8
    Jak 2 – 10
    Jak 3 – 9.5

Jak 2 was the shit especially the story and when you finally heard Jak speak. Plus at that time we all came off the high of the GTA games and Jak 2 hijacking open no loading time world was awesome. It really felt like a living breathing city. I love that game and my Vita desperately needs it.

#12 1 year ago