Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn screenshots show jobs, classes

Thursday, 18th April 2013 20:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

New screenshots for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn have appeared online, showing the Archer, Gladiator, Lancer, Marauder, Pugilist, Conjurer, and Thaumaturge classes. If you head over to NeoGAF, you will also see shots of the jobs Bard, Dragoon, Monk, Paladin, Warrior, Black Mage, and White Mage. The game is looking rather lovely, and if you head below, you will be able to watch a developer gameplay walkthrough video (thanks, EdNorton). Better grab something to drink and run a few errands first – it’s two hours long. Hopefully, you understand Japanese as well. A Realm Reborn is a complete remake of Final fantasy 14 currently in beta and is slated for PC and PS3 later this year.

1. deathm00n

That is one game I was looking for until they announced it was going to be P2P. What a shame…

2. KrazyKraut

omfg…cant hear the bitching about p2p. FFXI is still lucrative and FF14 will be worth every cent. I have better a MMO where I pay 10 USD/EUR per month instead paying 30 per month to get the best out of a game.

3. NeoSquall

Here’s the original video with the official English subs (enable the captions to see them): http://youtu.be/Jjoh3VEPyLU

4. Hunam

I thought we all got back around to free to play being horrible and subs being good again?

5. TheWulf

I’m still depressed by this. It’s like a sort of emo, goth, depressed, teenage version of FF XI. It’s all washed out, wearing a frown, and writing bad poetry about its internal pain. It doesn’t really represent the joys of what Final Fantasy games were about.

I’d feel depressed and embarrassed playing it. I’ll stick to the at least somewhat vibrant FF XI — XIV’s older, somewhat cheerier and lighthearted brother.

I think GW2 changed that.

6. TheWulf

And you’re still an idiot because you’re paying out that much per month when you could get multiple games from Steam and Green Man Gaming sales that would last you as long per month but provide you with oh so much more quality; variety; and honest-to-goodness joy. Along with mostly decent writing, if that applies. Oh, and no soul-sucking grinding.

I think my MMO years are behind me, now. What I liked about them anyway was playing with my friends. But co-op campaigns in games are slowly overtaking that role, so… there’s just not much room for them in my life. I had some fun times with them, but as technology moves on, we’ll see more and more games revolving around small numbers of people in co-op.

I wouldn’t mind betting that the next Bethesda game will be co-op too. Yep, I said it. And think of how much sense it would make.

I guess the only niche MMOs serve any more is for those who’re desperate for social contact and don’t have any friends.

7. KrazyKraut

I am an idiot because I pay monthly for a MMO?

I am an idiot because I wasted my time with f2p games.

And we talk about MMOs, not single-player or MP games I can buy for a 10er.

8. CyberMarco

I have a beta key of FF XIV, if anyone is interested…

9. Gnosis

@5 Wait, you mean FFXI, which had one of the most depressing openings in the whole series? A game, in which several main characters were either killed or sacrificed themselves? I don’t quite remember the story lines being “cheery and light-hearted”.

10. freedoms_stain

@9, are you confusing X and XI (which was an MMO).

11. Gnosis

@10 you have obviously never played XI.

12. deathm00n

@KrazyKraut I’m not going to pay monthly for a game wich I will only play around 1 hour of it in the weekends because I don’t have the time to play during the week and there’s a lot of other games I want to play at the same time. So yeah, I stand with my affirmative: It’s a shame this is a P2P.