Battlefield 4: DICE teases Battlelog 2.0 with image

Thursday, 18th April 2013 09:39 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has teased an image of its social stat-tracking hub Battlelog 2.0. It’s not as earth-shattering a tease as it sounds though.

The official Battlelog Twitter feed posted this image yesterday:

See? Hardly mind-blowing stuff, but are you happy that DICE is giving Battlelog an overhaul? What would you like to see added? Let us know below.

Thanks MP1st.

1. YoungZer0

“I love battlelog.”

- No one ever.

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

They should make battlelog an in-game feature. It’s a hassle launching the game from the browser.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Hunam

Whut? Battlelog is the best front end for a game I’ve seen. I didn’t like it at first, but, press a button and instantly have a powerful server browser that gets updated outside of lengty patch cycles, is super quick, doesn’t sit behind a load screen and when joining and loading a game I can just open up another tab and browse the net. It makes everything so much easier. Calling it a hassle confuses me immensily as almost all in game server browsers are utter rubbish.

#3 1 year ago
  4. noherczeg

You’ll never be able to convince them that BL was an enormous fail. No matter how many of the players bash it publicly….

#4 1 year ago
  5. CyberMarco

You got me wrong, I really like what blog brought to the game, only thing is that you can’t browse other servers in-game, only by alt-tabbing, that’s all.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Hunam

Oh, in that case then I can see you’re point. It would be nice to have the same functionality in game.

#6 1 year ago
  7. ArithonUK

About as sexy as a pre-nuptial agreement. #1 hit the nail on the head.

How have DICE got so lost? At what point did they brick up their ears and refuse to listen to fans who have bought every BattleField game since the franchise began?
    They’re putting every unique feature of BattleField in the bin and polishing every turd that makes the game another COD clone.

Be unique! It sells more. 11M MineCraft players (on one platform) prove that. It’s in your interest as well as ours to make the game a proper BattleField title, not another on-rails-fps with added cussing (oh, and some sloppy multi-player was included at some point).

What we want to see:-

* In game VOIP not tied to friends list (I want to talk to my squad and team, not marry them)
    * A commander (every force needs leadership) as a 64 player server with 32 lone wolves each side is chaos!
    * The original commarose implementation – it actually worked.
    * Seven player classes (not four) – they all had valid reasons to exist – reducing them to “simplify” removed a tactical element.
    * Spawn on squad leader – it helps team play and squad cohesion.
    * LAN support – why the hell not?
    * Mod support – the only reason for the existence of the franchise is because BF1942 had mod support.
    * Battle recorder and a spectator mode – admin’ing is a nightmare with these missing.

What we’ll get:-

* A stupidly high price.
    * “Social elements” i.e. murderer’s FaceBook – “kill 900 people for your P.T.S.D. dogtag” – don’t attack the objective, chase rabbits with RPG’s for that all-important “achievement”.
    * Cut-scenes that gobbled 90% of the production budget.
    * Swearing, lots of swearing – we have 12-year-olds to impress (apparently).
    * Pretty graphics.
    * Regenerative health – with the resulting lonewolf gameplay and redundant medics.
    * Four maps, with every other three maps as paid DLC over 24 months splitting the player-base every time. Don’t DICE realise that keeping the game at full price and releasing the DLC free would make them more money?
    * A single player campaign – utterly pointless in a multi-player game franchise. Like a fish’s bicycle.
    * No mod or LAN support. No BattleRecorder. No teamplay elements at all.

#7 1 year ago
  8. ZarraN

Clan ladder

#8 1 year ago
  9. Ans

DICE: Hire Arithonuk as your new project leader! Spot on, mate. Thanks for posting my mind :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. MidlifeAxe

I can’t bash Battlelog as I’ve never really had an issue with it. I just wish the server browser was in-game – it’s far more convenient.

EDIT: Pretty much what ArithonUK’s ‘what we want to see’ list. Weren’t all those features in previous titles but DICE, for some silly reason, removed them?

#10 1 year ago
  11. heroes159

I really like Battlelog. its Clear.its Clean. its showing your stats wonderfully. You can select a low ping server easily without any problem. one of the reason im not playing Call Of Duty coz of the server selection. always taking me to high ping servers.With battlelog

anyway im agree with one thing guys. WE need a in game server selection like MOH warfighter. sometimes its sucks to quit the game just to go to a another server.

#11 1 year ago
  12. jake garder

Battlelog is decent. I mean, I’m not really a big fan, but whatever. If anyone wants free battlefield 4 beta keys go to: http://www.videogamebetas.com

#12 1 year ago