Gran Turismo 6 appears on PS3 retail listing, slated for November release

Wednesday, 17th April 2013 09:15 GMT By Dave Cook

Gran Turismo 6 has popped up on a retailer’s site for PS3. If the listing is to be believed the game will launch this November.

Update: CVG cites an anonymous source for word that the racer’s reveal is just weeks away.

IGN reports that US retailer Newegg has the racing game priced at $59.99 and says it will launch November 28th on PS3.

This highlights earlier quotes from Sony executive Michael Denny, who earlier this year said that the game would launch on PS3 in 2013.

While the listing does say ‘Discontinued’, this could just be place-holder until the game is formally announced. If Denny is to be believed, it might not be long until we hear more about the racing game. Either way, it is happening.

Would you play Gran Turismo 6? What form would you like it to take? Let us know below.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. junguler

i hope we can have alot more roofless cars :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. Belmont

All I want is that they fix what was wrong with GT5. All cars should be premium-even if that means only 500 cars in total-,better AI and engine sounds need to be improved dramatically. I don’t want the Ferrari to sound like an old house appliances thing.
    The online part can benefit from enhancements and better UI is good (I personally liked the menus and UI in GT5 but many didn’t).

#2 1 year ago
  3. monkeygourmet

I don’t really see why they are bothering (obviously huge install base helps), but surely, this would have been better suited as a PS4 launch title?

At this rate, especially without B/C, next gen consoles main enemies are going to be the previous gen of consoles, PS3/360.

Without a huge leap in graphics, a PS3 for £99 – £149 with 100′s of AAA games available for £5 each Vs. a £350 plus machine that hardely pushes graphics forward that much is going to be a tough sell.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KAP

3@

The gaming industry first and foremost is a business so you kinda answered your own question.
    Don’t underestimate “install base” there’s not much a PS4/PC can do that current gen can’t do in terms of a racing genre.
    So when you add that to install base it’s a no brainer to release GT6 on PS3.

Great example Driveclub cars compared to GT5 cars isn’t as big of leap of say PS2 to PS3 now really is it.

And what’s to say you couldn’t play GT6 on PS4 via stream or the like later anyway.

It’s all good.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Belmont

You know about the productivity of people at PD: They take quite some time with each outing.So designing and developing a game for PS4 will take quite some time.It makes sense beyond the install base. GT5 came out in 2011, Now they have polished their engine and physics and improved the graphics here and there. GT6 will probably use the same backbone and foundation developed for GT5. It will add new tracks,many new cars,and other things. It will probably give the PD time and money so they go back to their hideout and design a much bigger game for PS4.

#5 1 year ago
  6. SplatteredHouse

Save GT for later. Polish it up nice for the end of the first year. Don’t screw Evo, Sony.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Belmont

Driveclub from Evo will be on PS4 and GT6 is on PS3.Besides I think that Driveclub might feel like NFS games from Criterion or Grid, Real cars but not real tracks or realistic handling. They will probably be seperate types

#7 1 year ago
  8. woe

I wonder how many imported PS2 models they will be using this time.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SplatteredHouse

@7: I didn’t realise the next GT wouldn’t be on PS4, wow. Assumptions! That, clearly, puts a different slant on things.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DreamCleaver

My main gripe with GT is it’s got WAY too many vehicles and many of them look awful. And so does the tracks as well.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Uncontested

I wanted to love GT5 so much after my affair with GT4.. But GT5 felt like work and was just so tedious.. I couldn’t do it and haven’t touched the game in years.

#11 1 year ago
  12. xxJPRACERxx

Day1 purchase for me! GT5 is the best racer on consoles BY FAR! If they can fix the ugly shadows and inconsistent framerate the game would be perfect for me.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here but I prefer the sound of GT5 to Forza, especially in the replay, with correct sound propagation, delay, reverberation, road noise and nice doppler effects.

And the look, GT5 look so more realistic than Forza, especially the lighting and the trees. Sure the tress in GT5 are flatter, but at least they look like tress, not some cartoon BS.

The lighting is so spot on in GT5, even Project CARS and Asseto Corsa on PC have not better lighting.

The physics are almost perfect too, especially with comfort and sports tires. The physics of the racing tires could be better.

edit: I agree with Uncontested, the actual game (the “career mode”) is not that good in GT5, more like Grind Turismo than fun. But when on the track, it’s the best.

#12 1 year ago