1. Badumtsss

You totally wrote about the same thing yesterday.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Belmont

The last Soccer game I played was PES 2008

There,I said it ! I always put FIFA in my list but it always gets overrun by RPG and Racing titles.By the time the game becomes cheaper I wait for the next outing and the cycle coninues…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Maikrobi

FIFA 14 preview – 2pm, german site says and also the translation …
    FIFA 14 preview incoming 2pm today (translated) … will there be next-gen footage? i hope so

#3 1 year ago
  4. skapunkmetalskater

Sick of seeing the same players featured as the cover-player every season.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KAP

Ooooooo I’m super excited. I wonder what FIFA 14 will look and play like I heard the game will be the most realistic game ever. There’ll even be racism within the matchs, much like the real thing.

#5 1 year ago
  6. silkvg247

Serious question – do the fans of the series actually get excited over each minor update.. err I mean “new game in the series”?

Do you pay full price?

Even if I love the pants off a game series (such as inFamous), I don’t rush out to buy any sequels. And if it had a sequel every year I’d get completely bored of it and probably drop off after the third.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Kachlo

Screens – http://konzolista.tiscali.cz/articles/onearticle?link=fifa-14-prvni-informace-a-obrazky-174088

#7 1 year ago
  8. viralshag

I get excited about it… just like most football fans probably get excited about the new season every year. I will definitely be getting this on day one at full price. And until they make a game where the quality drops or there isn’t improvement at all then I will be cautious about the next game.

People knock it for the “small update” each year thing but they generally ship a working game with improvements to most aspects of the game and sometimes new additions. Which is more than can be said about a lot of games and their sequels.

If you’re not interested, not a “hardcore” FIFA player, or don’t spend as much time playing FIFA like a lot of the fans I know, you probably won’t get it or notice the changes. Out of all the games I buy FIFA is probably one of the best value for money in terms of hours spent playing each yearly update/game.

#8 1 year ago
  9. silkvg247

I get that football is an evolving sport and teams and players change, but those changes can be updated in the game by I dunno, tri-yearly DLC, maybe £5 a pop. It just irks me that fans get milked for £40 a year, it’s extortionate. I wish you’d all boycott it because it is an insult to your intelligence.

Full graphics updates and the like, I appreciate would warrant a whole new game. How many times have they overhauled that though?

It just feels that they’re paying a couple of 2D artists a bit of cash to slap some new player textures on, fill in a few stat fields on their existing, unchanged database structure, and voila, updated or new team players = new release of game = profit $$$$$$.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Belmont

It is probably about changes to teams and leagues.Yet I like the idea of yearly releases on a game like this one. I’m interested to see what will it look like on PS4.

#10 1 year ago
  11. viralshag

@9, It’s not getting milked at all. If anything it’s quite the opposite. For any fan that has mates in RL or online they play with, FIFA will get played probably more than any other game.

I played in the region of 800 online seasons games in FIFA 12, that’s around 133 hours over a year just in the 1v1 competitive mode, not even including when I have mates over or playing the career mode. In FIFA 13 me and my mates I play with in clubs are up our 19th season and god knows how many games.

When games like this and CoD offer the amount of replay value I don’t think it’s unfair at all to ask for £40 a year. I would much rather pay full price for EA to continue holding the licences that offer me so many teams, players and leagues.

People always question value for money in gaming and I reckon the average FIFA player (or CoD player) gets that in spades with these games. It’s really not hard to understand why these games are some of the most popular today as opposed to £40 for a 15 hour story-heavy game which you will barely ever touch once you’re done with it.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Andrew C.

Another Fifa? I bet it will look, fell and act just like the other ones. PES announced FoxEngine, which is damn amazing. Let’s see what EA will bring this year.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Talkar

I agree, some people are claiming that Blizzard is also milking SC2 with a whole of 2 expansions, but to them i just say i have more than 3500 ranked matches, and who knows how many custom/unranked. And with about an average time of 20 minutes per match more or less i think i got my moneys worth from SC2. I reckon people feel the same regarding CoD, FIFA, WoW, or any other game.

#13 1 year ago
  14. viralshag

@13, Exactly. People just don’t seem to grasp the fact that these games are actually great value for money and that mostly revolves around the competitiveness of the MP.

If you don’t like competitive multiplayer or only ever play the single player campaign, I would say it’s definitely not worth buying the new game.

#14 1 year ago