Kojima: “I do like Sony”, but developer is going multi-format from now on

Tuesday, 16th April 2013 09:39 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5 creator Hideo Kojima has stated that while he has had a long and prosperous history on Sony formats, it’s time to go multi-platform from here . He also feels that cloud gaming is the future.

Speaking with Edge, Kojima was asked if he could ever pledge allegiance to just one format. He replied, “It’s a tough question to answer. Obviously, I do like Sony, I respect them and I have a lot of things in common with their way of thinking. I think the future of gaming is with cloud technology and cloud gaming.

“I love Sony, I have a Sony camera, but I think if you’re going to enter the cloud generation then there will be a lot of different devices involved and a lot of different ways to interact with that game world.

“I don’t want to limit it to any one platform, but I’m not going to say I’m not going to participate in the events. This time [for the PlayStation Meeting], I kind of would have liked to participate, but I was here tending to Rising’s world tour.”

Does this make sense? Let us know below and be sure to check out the latest Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer if you haven’t already.

Thanks GameFocus, GamingEverything and LegendaryBoss.

1. Lengendaryboss

Usually a multiplatform approach somehow goes wrong I.E Final Fantasy, but considering MGS V and MGS Ground Zeroes i visually see no wrong, although with Big Boss losing his iconic voice thats where the wrong is.

#1 1 year ago
  2. redwood

i was hoping to see kojima in that meeting…

#2 1 year ago
  3. melonbuster1

Long live Xbox720 ha.. sorry Sony but that’s one that your gonna share

#3 1 year ago
  4. mojo

sio did anyone realy expect the MGS franchise going exclusive again?

i dont htink so..

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

It’s too expensive for Sony to make such exclusives. Next gen is a DLC battle and I don’t like this…

#5 1 year ago
  6. deathm00n

“I love Sony, I have a Sony camera” He says this like he doesn’t have 4 exclusive games for them lol.

@5 I got to agree with you on both things you said Erth.

#6 1 year ago
  7. theevilaires

Just doesn’t make sense from a business point and I can’t be mad at him for that. Just makes me miss the PS2 days even more. When things were simple, when games launched as is without 10,000 updates, when you bought 99% of your games for one platform. The golden age of videogames is over

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lord Gremlin

Exclusive DLC idea is off-putting. I wonder just how much trust once can place in PS4? We’ll see.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Kuwabara

no kojima i don’t rike that.. but i guess having bungie on ps4 is a fair trade

#9 1 year ago
  10. osric90

If MGSV: The Phantom Pain (and the other thing, whatever it’s gonna be) comes out for all platforms, I hope it makes it to PC (Steam). Now THAT would be going multiplatform. And yes, all that without sacrificing any quality and/or gameplay because of console’s limitations.

#10 1 year ago