US politician moves to ban non-existent games

Monday, 15th April 2013 00:55 GMT By Brenna Hillier

New Jersey assemblywoman Linda Stender has proposed a state bill prohibiting public spaces like cinemas and bowling alleys from hosting arcade games rated Mature or Adult’s Only. But put down your pitchforks; according to Kotaku, the ESRB doesn’t actually rate coin-operated arcade machines, so assuming this bill was passed, it would have absolutely no effect on anything, anywhere. Hopefully someone will highlight this issue for Stender before she puts her bill before other lawmakers.

[image]

1. Beta

LOL. What a tool.

Laugh her out the door :p

#1 1 year ago
  2. Vice

Hillarious. Typical female. No brains whatsoever.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Telepathic.Geometry

Vice, you should be banned, more for being boring, than for being sexist.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@3: I could swear this isn’t the first time we saw him write shit like that. Mystery to me why he’s still here.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Digital Bamboo

So a politician is pushing a misguided bill that will have absolutely no effect on anything, waste both time, and money? Of course it’s going to be passed!

More surprising: new coin-operated arcade machines are still being made?

#5 1 year ago
  6. NeoSquall

@4 Well we also have people like loki around here…

About the topic, I’d like to know how this assemblywoman got the notion about M and AO rated coin-ops, because I have never ever seen one.

#6 1 year ago
  7. xxJPRACERxx

lol @ people offended by Vice!

#7 1 year ago
  8. sh4dow

There are still arcade games around? I always thought those are exclusive to Japan by now…
    (which I also thought is a shame. So… good if this means that they are actually still somewhat relevant)

#8 1 year ago
  9. roadkill

@Vice I’m kind of a sexist as well but don’t generalize this! There are just as many idiotic male politicians.

@Brenna Wouldn’t it be awesome? If only we could use pitchforks on these kinds of politicians.. :)

#9 1 year ago