UK charts: BioShock Infinite stands firm at the top

Monday, 15th April 2013 09:52 GMT By Dave Cook

BioShock Infinite has retained its place at top of the UK Charts for a third week in a row, fending off the likes of Tomb Raider and other recent releases.

Irrational Games’ shooter saw a 44% drop in sales since last week and was reportedly only some 2,500 sales ahead of Tomb Raider in second.

BioShock Infinite performed well at review, and you can check out our full score round up to see what the critics thought here. You can also check out my full BioShock Infinite appraisal here.

Here’s the chart in full:

1. BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
2. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Defiance (Trion Worlds)
5. Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
7. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
8. Gears of War: Judgement (Microsoft)
9. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
10. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
11. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
12. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA)
13. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
14. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
17. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
18. Just Dance 4 (bisoft)
19. SimCity (EA)
20. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)

1. Beta

Good to see a quality game still at the top :)

Do Square still judge Tomb Raider as a sales failure? :P

#1 1 year ago
  2. manamana

Probably, as the UK/European market seem to be the only place it sells. In Japan and America it’s no longer in the top10 according to (the miserable but only numbers at hand from) vgcharts…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Beta

Fair enough, can’t say I agree with their definition of a failure though.

Methinks they may have had unrealistic expectations.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Mjorh

as Beta said its great to see a masterpiece game like Bioshock Infinite at the top !

#4 1 year ago
  5. ayman03

it is a conspiracy to cover their japanese devision failure

they are lying because they don’t want to admit to us or their investors that they failed miserably in Japan and Eidos is the only thing keeping them alive

#5 1 year ago
  6. loveaya

Goodbye, God of War

#6 1 year ago
  7. Mjorh

@ 5 , who are ‘they’ ? !

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

Good to see that Sim City is leaving the charts too.

But how is Far Cry 3 still selling?

#8 1 year ago
  9. The_Red

That is a decent hold for Defiance. Seriously strange game (A title based on an UNAIRED TV series which happens to be a MMO for all platforms!).

#9 1 year ago
  10. karma

Happy that another single player game has proved it doesn’t need a bolt on MP component to sell well.

Sad that it wasn’t half as good as its predecessors.

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

Yeah, the game was so disappointing, I might actually consider giving the first one a shot again.

At some point, the gameplay got so stale that I just wanted to stop playing. The story didn’t impress me in the least, at time I thought it was rather predictable. I didn’t feel any connection to either of the main characters. Elizabeth really isn’t that interesting and neither is broody Booker. Sometimes I actually felt like I was playing utter morons.

The 20 min. of exposition at the end didn’t help to change my mind about the game.

#11 1 year ago