Battlefield 4: Commander Mode to return according to GameStop pre-order art

Monday, 15th April 2013 15:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 could see the return of Battlefield 2′s Commander Mode, according to a piece of GameStop pre-order art for DICE’s shooter.

The above clip comes courtesy of YouTuber Luger700, who saw the above material in their local GameStop store.

Bear in mind that the poster looks unofficial and was likely typed up by an employee, but this one does seem on the money. There’s also mention of three factions – Russia, China and United States.

What do you think? Would you like to see Commander mode return? Let us know below.

Thanks MP1st.

1. freedoms_stain

Pretty much not really interested in BF4 until we can see it being played.

Even if they include Commander in BF4, after BF3 I pretty much expect it to be a gimped version of Commander.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lewis247

Looks like someone simply put an image of BF4 on MS Paint and wrote some details on it, looks very unprofessional. The gamestop logo is even half cut out.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

Commander? I hope so. BF 2 and BF 2142 commander modes was excellent addition to the shooter mechanics.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Fin

I want a Camaro in BF4.

#4 1 year ago
  5. jldoom

Completely unaware as to what the heck Commando mode is lol. I’m guessing it’s missing in BFBC2 and BF3 because I’ve never heard of this.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DSB

^^ Everything that’s wrong with gaming today :P

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

@jldoom, It’s because you started playing FPS games on consoles.

Commander mode is from Battlefield 2/Battlefield 2142

@DSB, exactly. I guess once commander mode will be announced, gaming press will call it a revolution and 100/10 from IGN with “Most Advanced idea in gaming of the year” medal.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Francis O

Screw EA, and their boring ass first person shooters. Battlefield 4 and 3 are interchangeable. Next gen gameplay? BS! You’re just a dude aiming down some sights again.

#8 1 year ago
  9. jldoom

@6 Guess so then. Joke went completely over my head.

@7 I dint, I was playing FPS on PC first Half life / Counter strike. I just started console gaming shortly after that Lol. Completely skipped BF series up until Bad Company 2.

#9 1 year ago
  10. xxJPRACERxx

I’m sure it was common knowledge that commander mode was coming back in bf4.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Sanwiches

@Lewis247 “Looks like someone simply put an image of BF4 on MS Paint and wrote some details on it, looks very unprofessional”

Haha I totally thought that too.

On topic, commander mode yay (if it’s true)

#11 1 year ago
  12. RocknRolla

@5 and @6 instead of judging just tell the guy what commander mode is ffs… don´t need to be a dick about it, who cares if he started playing on consoles so did I and enjoy it more than I enjoyed a PC back in the days.. there is your answer..

#12 1 year ago
  13. DSB

@13 It was a joke, dude. A quick google search should get you up to speed on what commander mode is right quick.

#13 1 year ago
  14. roadkill

3 factions.. Hmm! Maybe we’ll have 3-way fights!? That could be pretty awesome.

#14 1 year ago
  15. KineticCalvaria

@11, it was its already been confirmed about a month or two ago. Think it was on this very site too >.<

#15 1 year ago
  16. laxan96

Obviously fake since the P at the end of Gamestop isn´t there almost is ays Gamesto basically you see like 1/3 of the P. Not saying that the guy who recorded the video made it fake I´m saying a gamestop eomploye made it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. jldoom

@13 It’s cool, I actually did try a google search and came up with nothing which is why I asked here. No harm done.

Thanks @12 for sticking up for me lol.

#17 1 year ago
  18. DSB

@17 Here you go: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Commander

Basically the commander would command support assets and if he was any good, he’d be setting objectives and talking to the different squads telling them where they needed to be.

BF2 was a lot more team oriented than any of the following games.

#18 1 year ago