Destiny: Bungie promises it’ll look “awesome” regardless of platform

Friday, 12th April 2013 13:44 GMT By Dave Cook

Destiny developer Bungie is going big on multi-format and cross-play in its MMO shooter, but whether playing on PS4, PS3 or Xbox 360, the developer has assured fans that it’s going to look “awesome”.

Speaking with X360 Magazine, Bungie’s design director Joseph Staten confirmed that the world would get more details on Destiny at E3 2013, and discussed the issue of cross-play performance.

He said, “Any time you get your hands on new hardware you’re going to try and take advantage of everything it has to offer. I know coming up at E3 we’ll be talking more about the specific features, but just like with any hardware leap, absolutely, we’re going to push this game as far [as] it can be pushed on whatever platform.

“It’s going to look great on PS3, it’ll look awesome on 360, and it’ll look great on PS4 as well. You can bet that no matter where we are, we’re going to make the game look great.”

Still, I cant help but think the next-gen versions will be the ones to go for, but that’s just me. How about you?

Thanks Gamespot.

1. tezzer1985

I’m going to pick it up on PS4, might get it on the new Xbox, if they wow me, cause its looking like the new Xbox will be my exclusive games machine, and everything else on PS4.

2. BD

Will it play like any other MMOFPS though?

That’s the question. So far, no gameplay.

3. KrazyKraut

same here

maybe its like Defiance..

4. daytripper

Might get the PS4 version for the DLC

5. Djoenz

I doubt my friends will get a ps4 day one or near launch nor this game so it depends for me. Big chance for PS3.

6. Samoan Spider

@6 Why not?

7. fearmonkey

This will be a game that I wait and see how it reviews before buying.
    I am not sure I will love a MMOFPS, i havent loved most of the others out there.

8. polygem

well it is bungie. it will be more than just great. i have no doubt about that. one of my most trusted game devs, especially when it comes to shooter gameplay mechanics. halo still is the best shooter game on any system by far imho.
    i think it´ll be the ps4 version for me but i am not 100% sure about that. not knowing which platform i should choose is the only reason why i haven´t preordered it already.

9. Lengendaryboss

I Bet it won’t look as graphically awesome right? i am interested to see how bungie first two PlayStation Games turn out.

10. viralshag

Is there no WiiU version?

11. monkeygourmet

There is ‘no’ Wii U version of anything…

:D

12. viralshag

@12, haha. I did some googling and it looks like it might not be a total write off. But that news is from Feb and based on some web code or something…

13. Crapgamer

I have it pre-ordered for the Xbox 360, but will probably switch that over to the Xbox 720 when it’s finally announced, not taking anything away from Bungie, but they’ve never worked on anything aside from Microsoft hardware, the definitive version will most likely be on a MS console.