Atari closes Eden Games studio, puts it in liquidation

Friday, 12th April 2013 14:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Eden Games has officially been closed and its remaining assets are being liquidated, according to a Eurogamer France report.

In May 2012, Atari released a financial report in which it was stated Eden Games would be “disposed of” and was undergoing “divestment”. The firm denied the closure part of the report, stating it was in a state of disinvestment instead, and it would keep the studio open to support Test Drive Unlimited 2.

According to today’s report, the studio was put into liquidation at the end of January 2013.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Max Payne

Both Alone in the Dark and TDU 2 had so much potential.

#1 1 year ago
  2. DSB

You should change company to studio. I thought it was another Atari bankruptcy. Given that they seem to go bankrupt once every 6 months it would be easy to believe.

#2 1 year ago
  3. deathm00n

What about the server of TDU2? My little brother plays this game so much, he will be sad if the servers no longer works.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Klarden

There go my dreams of a proper AitD 2008 rerelease on PC :(. First Darkworks, now this… It’s not really surprising, but still sad.

#4 1 year ago
  5. G1GAHURTZ

Pfffft…

I’m still waiting for a street racing car sim that can beat the original TDU.

Midnight Club LA came pretty close, but I haven’t seen anything else, since.

TDU2 was a huge let down.

Oh well… Maybe next gen.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DSB

Need for Speed Underground is one of the best racers I’ve ever played. And really the only good Need for Speed since NFS II.

It’s hard to believe they just threw that away.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Cobra951

@1: And they were both such a letdown, particularly TDU 2.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lightmanone

@6 Eden Games never made NFS: Underground. They made Porsche Challenge for the Playstation.

However, I am sad to found out another good company bites the dust. One in a long line…

#8 1 year ago