Splash Damage’s Paul Wedgwood has been added to the F2P Summit speaker line up.
Wedgwood joins other luminaries such as Peter Molyneux, who will provide the keynote.
In his talk, titled “AAApex Predators: Evil Free-to-Play is Easy Prey,” Wedgwood will discuss the transition from packaged goods to digital and how this is causing an “industry-wide blood-bath.”
He will also show how AAA studios can “employ ethical gameplay telemetry, or ‘White-Hat Analytics’, to gain an unassailable advantage; giving players the lower cost and greater convenience of free-to play, and blockbuster AAA quality, all by putting players first,” he said.
“We all know that great AAA games require huge budgets and years of development time to mature. Blockbuster production values seem incompatible with free to play. Those of us that serve both gaming markets are feeling pretty cocky, but a countdown has started.
“As increasing investment chases finite consumer attention, studios will only succeed when they offer blockbuster-quality games that are free.”
F2P Summit takes place at RichMix in London on April 18, and the final speaker line up is as follows:
- Peter Molyneux, 22cans – Learnings from Curiosity to Godus
- Pepe Agell, Chartboost – The Future of Mobile Game Marketing and Monetisation
- Chris Hanage, PapayaMobile – Back to Basics: What it Takes to Market a Successful Game in the Free-to-Play Era
- Paul Wedgwood, Splash Damage – AAApex Predators: Evil Free-to-Play is Easy Prey
- Florian Schwarzer, InnoGames – The Lies We Tell– How ‘AA’-Publishers And Developers Are Killing Each Other
- Oscar Clark, Everyplay – Design For The Rhythm Of Play: Using Rhythm and Uncertainty to Create Compelling F2P Games
- Mike Hawkyard, 4T2 Multimedia – Juggling Digital Bricks
- Jon Jordan, PocketGamer.biz – Morality in a Big Data, Frictionless Payment, Free-to-Play Mobile Gaming World
- Panel: Discussing F2P and its Future – Panellists: Chris Hanage, Papaya Mobile; Ian Harper, Future Games of London; Imre Jele, Bossa Studios; Ville Heijari, PlayHaven.
Companies attending F2P Summit include: Aeria Games, Blitz Games Studios, Bossa Studios, Channel Four Television, Cohort Studios, Crytek UK, Curve Studios, Eutechnyx, Evolution Studios, Future Games of London, Future Publishing, Gameforge 4D, Hasbro, InnoGames, Intent Media, Jagex , Microsoft Studios, Ninja Theory, Playfish, Rare, Rebellion, Relentless Software, Sega, Sony Computer Entertainment, Team 17 Digital, Ubisoft, Yager Development, Zynga Mobile UK and many, many others.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.