PS4 pre-orders open now at ASDA

Thursday, 11th April 2013 12:12 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4 pre-orders are now being accepted at UK supermarket chain ASDA. Gamers can place orders via a £20 deposit in store or on the site now.

In a statement sent to VG247 this afternoon, ASDA announced that its pre-order page can be found here.

While the press release estimates that the PS4 will launch this year, an ASDA rep told us, “We have had no confirmation from Sony, this is merely an estimation and we look forward to hearing a confirmed release date soon.”

We called them to clarify just in case you read anywhere else that it definitely is coming out in the UK this year. Until we hear it from Sony, take everything else as rumour or guess-work.

So then, who’s interested? Let us know below.

1. ps4some

I’m in.

I always prefer to buy new hardware from Bricks&Mortar as it’s easier to take back. The sad thing is I don’t trust Game or HMV not to go bust in the meantime so I’ve been waiting for a supermarket to start taking pre-orders.

#1 1 year ago
  2. xBASSxMONSTAx

I’m out. Shop.to is my place to pre order from. i never pre order from non gaming stores.

Anyway I’m buying 720 anyway now we know we can play it offline.

#2 1 year ago
  3. kingofscotland

@2 Interesting – do you have a link to Microsoft’s confirmation of this??

All we have is rumour and counter rumour

#3 1 year ago
  4. nikk900

@2 Do we?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Joe Musashi

Do supermarkets normally take pre-orders for yet-to-be-released consoles?

JM

#5 1 year ago
  6. Froseidon

@2,3,4 – Tbh, I’m sick of rumours. I don’t see why people are taking it as solid information, it just makes it worse.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Samoan Spider

Just a counter point, pre-ordering guarantees you WILL get one, not WHEN you will get one.
    I’m not be pre-ordering after the problems I had with 2 different retailers getting launch 360′s to me and my brother (Amazon said he’d have his by February the following year) and my PS3 which turned up weeks late.

#7 1 year ago
  8. GJE87

bit slow on asda’s part. GAME have been doing pre-orders for weeks now

#8 1 year ago
  9. ps3fanboy

i have already pre-ordered 5 ps4. i was given a good deal on a pre-oder of the x720 too, since i did pre-order 5 ps4. but said no because the always on drm have been confirmed, and the x720 will not be able to play games offline.

#9 1 year ago
  10. ninjanutta

@ 9 prove it or i call bullshit.

#10 1 year ago
  11. kingofscotland

@10 I dont think there is any question – Why even write such a thing???

#11 1 year ago
  12. monkeygourmet

Where have you been?! :)

#12 1 year ago
  13. Samoan Spider

@9 Bahahahaha, I read some horse-shit on the net today, but your comment goes in at a clear 2nd just behind North Korea. Lets see the receipt then? I’d wager most places have a 2 per customer limit.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Rikki

Why the hell do people pre-order when there isn’t even a price…

#14 1 year ago