NCAA 14 screens show burly men flying through the air

Thursday, 11th April 2013 23:42 GMT By Brenna Hillier

EA Sports has released a batch of new screens for the recently-detailed NCAA 14, which is due on July 9 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. My favourite is the one with the guy leisurely sailing through the sky.

Also, scroll down a little to check out last week’s first-look video footage of the new entry in action, showing off some of the new physics-based gameplay features.

1. DuckNation

The grass looks just terrible
    also GO DUCKS!

#1 1 year ago
  2. theevilaires

although I think football is gay I do however enjoy seeing how close EA can get to simulating the real thing. Hopefully next gen they can rid of that snap motion animation that just doesn’t make the players movement 100% and realistic.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ultramega

Okay, you’re free to your opinion, yada yada, and all that, but really? It’s “gay”? You need to describe something as that? Unless you mean it’s a happy sport, which obviously you don’t, I really wish you’d use a different word. But somehow I know this will fall on deaf ears.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Brenna Hillier

@2 @3 I would certainly appreciate it if you used a different word, yes. More info.

#4 1 year ago
  5. DarkElfa

Don’t look for a reason to be offended people. He obviously wasn’t using the word gay in an attempt to slander or offend homosexuals. I find the context and meaning we give a word is far more important than the actual word itself.

Getting politically correct and uptight about language is far more depressing and insulting.

VG247 does not need to be Al Sharpton-fied.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

It’s much easier to just stop using the word then to write diatribes about how it is justified.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DarkElfa

It’s also much easier to ignore than to try and find a way to be offended by it.

Also, I’m not interested in justifying it’s usage, but every time someone starts to make a stink about things like this, more restrictions to free speech start to get created and free speech cannot be something we only approve of when its supporting the thing we want to say.

Also, I’m offended by your usage of “diatribe” as you’re using it in an attempt to belittle what I have to say because I’m not taking your side.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Uncontested

Its even easier to just keep using it.

Its gay to stop because less than 1% are offended by it.

#8 1 year ago
  9. DarkElfa

Can we get back on topic now and stop this derailment?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Brenna Hillier

@9 *amused* oh, now you want to derail this conversation to go back on topic? Hilarious. Whatever. I look forward to reading your discussion of the merits of NCAA 14.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Telepathic.Geometry

Nice link Brenna, that dude was extremely eloquent and non-preachy at the same time. :)

#11 1 year ago
  12. Telepathic.Geometry

DarkElfa, you seem like an intelligent dude. I recommend you click on that link and at least give it a chance to change your perspective.

#12 1 year ago
  13. ultramega

@DarkElfa

That’s irrelevant. I respect free speech, and am never for suppressing people’s rights. But people need to stop using words with offensive meanings like that. That’s the point. It’s a word used to degrade and insult. There are thousands of other words that could get your point across without offending a group that still doesn’t often have equal rights.

Would it be okay if I said that football is spick, or that it’s nigger(ish?). No. People would be just as offended. Just because you’ve learned to live with people calling you something, or doing something, doesn’t make it okay for them to continue to do those things to you. I’m not saying people need to be concerned that they might offend someone with every little thing they say. Someone will always be offended. But we can choose to stop using the commonly used derogatory terms. It’s as simple as that. I’m not preaching to tell people what they can and can’t say. I’m merely asking people to consider using different language in their daily discourse to make a positive change towards those around them. No need to be offensive just to prove that you have the right to use whatever language you like. That won’t win you an argument. It only builds a larger gap between those who appreciate free speech and those who dislike hate speech, and would seek to limit free speech because of such flagrant disregard for persecuted and not-wholly-equal-in-society groups. It does a disservice to both you and your rights, and those whom you’re offending. With free speech comes a certain degree of responsibility. Just be respectful with your word choice, it needn’t be anymore complicated than that.

But yes, I recommend you watch that link Brenna dropped in the comments. Might give you another way of looking at things.

I think I’m done here, though. I’ll just agree to disagree. If you can’t understand a differing perspective after all I’ve said, it’s not worth my effort. Closemindedness does no man/woman any favours.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Telepathic.Geometry

It’s funny, we had this exact situation about ten years ago or so, when my brother’s friend came out of the closet, and we all accepted it, but while we were out drinking, maybe three or four times we said “That’s gay” or “You’re gay” and shit like that and every time we apologised. I’ve said it my fair share of times on EG too, and maybe using the word “ghey” is no better.

Of course, we had never realised it was bad because we’re all extremely well evolved humans who bear no ill will to our fellow man, whatever his race, sexual orientation or whatever. But then, I’m sure that those old boys who gave their secretaries a playful smack in the arse at work thought they were nice guys too, and they probably were, I’m sure they saw no harm in it.

I think in this case arguing for the right to use gay as a pejorative term is like arguing for the words nigger or jew. I think that we can all recognise that those words have a very negative effect on other people, and how they see you. So maybe it’s about time we change, especially considering how nicely and eloquently we were asked.

I think that when you talk to your friends, you naturally adjust to who’s there, and naturally avoid certain words. This is the internet, so maybe we should adjust our speech style to accommodate and include as many people as possible.

For my part, I should stop using words like “chick” and “Jap”.

#14 1 year ago