Monster Hunter 4 screenshots show two new monsters

Thursday, 11th April 2013 14:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Monster Hunter 4 screenshots have been posted to the official website by Capcom. If you head through the link to look at the small 3DS shots, you will notice monsters such as Garara Ajara and Kunchuu – both of which are new to the series. The battlefield “Unknown Sea of Trees is also present along with the Charge Axe. Monster Hunter 4 is out this summer in Japan. Thanks, Gematsu.

1. ps3fanboy

capcom didn’t release mh for the vita/ps3, so dont care.. but one thing is sure capcom have and are gonna lose a lot of money when they only release for a dead platform like nintendo. there is a possibility we will see a dissolvement of capcom in the end of 2013.

#1 1 year ago
  2. OlderGamer

Trolls will troll.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

More like Playstation fanboys will troll.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

I still trying to wrap my head around why a main entry in a multiplatform franchise is stucked down on Nintendo 3DS? surely it would be on console like Wii U or PS3. No idea why Capcom is siding heavily with Nintendo.

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

I don’t think the phrase ‘cry moar’ or ‘butt hurt’, has ever been so appropriate…

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Because of money, install base and cheaper assets? :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. DrDamn

It’s still seen by Capcom as very much a mobile title. The WiiU version is essentially a port as there is lots you’d do differently if you wanted to bring it properly to a home console. It would do well on home consoles but it would need to be rethought and redesigned in some areas.

#7 1 year ago
  8. OlderGamer

Also the fact that the game is very JPN focused. In JPN GameBoy is king.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

^Thanks for the information.

#9 1 year ago
  10. ps3fanboy

#2 OlderGamer
    #3 Erthazus
    #5 monkeygourmet

i have read all the news at vg247. nintendo have released a yesterday gen console that cant compete with next gen. a lot of developers have said they are not gonna make games for nintendo. pachter have said that nintendo is not worth the investment. . nintendo have begged for patience in the public and much more… the gaming business dont wait for nobody, it didnt wait for the dreamcast and it will not wait for the wii-u. by now it makes it pretty clear nintendo is a dead platform. you all can read the same vg247 news here as i can… and i take my conclusions of what i read here at vg247.

#10 1 year ago
  11. monkeygourmet

But your an idiot…

That kind of overwrites any research done on your part.

This game is coming out on 3DS, the most popular system in JPN, is one of the most popular franchises in JPN and will sell a meteoric shit ton alongside Pokemon X & Y.

Keep banging that drum…

#11 1 year ago
  12. ps3fanboy

YOUR THE IDIOT here, mh is one of the biggest franchises in europe. but i guess you dont know europe is bigger than japan. mh have been released on the psp/ps3 before and been a huge success. so it makes no sense to cut out the biggest selling system. it is clearly by now that your a TROLL, so keep on banging your drums like a energizer bunny, i don’t care.

#12 1 year ago
  13. OlderGamer

MG +1

Biggest EU franchises? Start with FIFA, then move on from there.

#13 1 year ago
  14. monkeygourmet

lol

#14 1 year ago
  15. ps3fanboy

@13 keep on banging them drums troll…

#15 1 year ago
  16. SlayerGT

@14 Seriously I wish he’d become a 720 fanboy. I’d rather not have to worry about playing my PlayStations online with the likes of em. Aggravatin.

#16 1 year ago
  17. monkeygourmet

He probably doesn’t even have a PS3…

It’s probably Bill Gates, trying to run the Sony brand into the ground, what with all the fake accounts et all… :D

#17 1 year ago
  18. SlayerGT

@17 Haha! Nice :P

#18 1 year ago
  19. polygem

16&17+1

these guys just don´t understand that all they are doing is making their beloved brand look bad.
    i really like the playstation and all but the die hard sony fans are imho the biggest trolls of all. very aggressive too. became a problem on this page as well. a shame really. the sony fans are the only downside for me regarding playstation 4. i just don´t want to xchat with these guys.
    seriously, i will never ever understand their motivation. it just doesn´t make any sense at all. you can be a fan and that´s great but you don´t have to piss all over everything non sony.

that said, monster hunter, great game and all but i never really became a fan of it. cannot say why. the artdesign just does not appeal to me that much i guess. the vita will get soul sacrifice soon and -man- this game looks great.

i recommend to check out a guy on youtube that goes by the name of EpicNameBro…nerd alarm…but good quality and interesting videos. guy explains a lot of things pretty good. damn this game looks like tons of fun, cannot wait.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Kidbuu42

I wonder if this will get a wii u port as well. I’m liking the connectivity between the 2 versions.

#20 1 year ago
  21. qyuubi786

@16 I hear 720 is online only. (Like the latest Sim City. A developer was playing Sim City. He saved his progress and everything. Then the servers went down and he lost everything.)
    Check out;
    The guy was always a bit rude from Microsofts point of view. It’s only rumors so I can’t jump to conclusions.

#21 1 year ago
  22. qyuubi786

I have one theory.
    Nintendo payed a lot of money to Capcom or the MH team to keep it Nintendo exclusive.
    They saw how the PSP, the rival of the DS did because of the MH franchise.
    So to remove the best games (as far as Japan is concerned) from their rivals will increase sales of the Nintendo consoles. Pokémon is Nintendo exclusive and they probably invest alot of money so that they don’t loose that franchise to a competitor.
    PS. this is all only my opinion.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Knichtus

I don’t more exclusives, and the Wii U and 3DS just doesn’t have enough for me to play on and aren’t comfortable for me to hold of what I have played of it. So I do hope, even though Nintendo is getting the monster hunter games that they will make these games for all consoles so everyone has a chance to experience them because once I got the classic controller for Tri I had a blast and enjoyed the Portables on PSP, all I want is a chance to play more of this wonderful series. If they can PC versions of the game and Xbox 360, nothing is stopping them for making this fully multiplatform to attract more people.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Digital Bamboo

Here’s a weird twist: Capcom *is* releasing a Monster Hunter game for non-Nintendo systems in Japan–Monster Hunter Frontier G1 for Xbox360 & PC.

#24 1 year ago
  25. inrepose

For a moment I thought there was a new game in the comments “Troll Hunter v4″. I am one of those really sad people that owns all three consoles and I actually like the new Wii U but sadly MH has no special features for the controller other than basic info. I think it has been mentioned here that it is a basic port of the DS version, however it amazing on the full screen and it gets a lot of air time in my house. So this next release will be very much looked forward to in my household.

#25 12 months ago