Final Fantasy XIV trailer reveals FF6′s Magitek armour

Thursday, 11th April 2013 12:49 GMT By Dave Cook

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn developer Square-Enix has released a new trailer for its MMO, showing off ridable Magitek armour from SNES classic Final Fantasy 6, all set to “Terra’s Theme”. Fans of the classic games are sure to get a kick out of this one.

Thanks AGB.

1. Darth-Bader

Now I’m interested in this!

#1 1 year ago
  2. JavelinX

This is the problem of the japanese industry and Square in particular. THIS! I mean, people want an FF6 and 7 remakes, but they trick the fans and put this easter egg in a shitty MMO. C’mon Square, please don’t be stupid, do you really think to sell this game because of this easter egg?
    I know, the problem is Tomb Raider.

#2 1 year ago
  3. SplatteredHouse

eh. I want to see the XV/Versus trailer.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Krey

@2 : This. You perfectly summed up my mind. I don’t want an easter egg in a shitty MMO, I want a remake, for Kefka’s sake !

#4 1 year ago
  5. Unlimax

And yet , There’s still no invite to the beta .. for the 7th time ._.” !

#5 1 year ago
  6. TheWulf

Except that’s not what it looked like at all. That looks like someone did horrible things to the anatomy of a generic Evangelion mecha. It’s as utterly boring as it could be and devoid of colour.

THIS is Magitek Armour.

What I want is colour again, and charm, and honest to goodness artistic style and aesthetics over fidelity. Fidelity is shit, screw fidelity. It seems like the industry has been turning fidelity into a sexual fetish since Crysis reared its incredibly high-detailed but pug-ugly head. That’s my problem, I don’t want to see the details of something incredibly ugly, that just makes it more ugly.

I want colour, and style, and artistic flair. I don’t want this near-greyscale shite.

(And what’s up with those wings, anyway? What happened to you, Japan? You used to be cool, now everything is homogenised, right down to every damn thing having little fairy/angel/devil wings.)

#6 1 year ago
  7. DeVitowned

@ THEWULF
    No, THIS is magitek armor. (Courtesy of artist Yoshitaka Amano)

Notice the wings? Shame on the artists wanting to be faithful to the original!

#7 1 year ago