Dark Souls 2: new screens show dragons, bonfires and death

Thursday, 11th April 2013 08:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Dark Souls 2 developer From Software has released a batch of screens into the wilds, showing off the game’s bonfire system, dragon enemies, locations and combat. It all looks very depressing and difficult, but would you want it any other way?

We’ve also got the second Dark Souls 2 cinematic trailer here, and 19-minutes of raw gameplay footage here. Fill your boots people.

Thanks AGB.

1. The_Red

So beautiful.
    One question though: Is that gameplay demo 12 minutes or 19 minutes?

2. TheBlackHole

The video is 12 minutes, but some of it’s talking, so maybe 10 mins of gameplay.

3. monkeygourmet

I just can’t wait for this!

Easily my favourite games this generation. This would happily make me buy a ‘next gen’ machine if it got a more stable conversion over the 360/PS3 game.

I had to stop Dark Souls as my save corrupted, but still loved every second of it before that.

Tempted to try a ‘speed’ based build in this next game, maybe a theif?

Anyone else use that build, how did you get on?

4. redwood

@3 i had a bandit in DS.. turned out nice actually. I just wish it’a bit more accessable.. just a bit

5. monkeygourmet

I used a pyromancer for Dark Souls and a Mystic Knight for Demon.

I tend to go for the Mystic Knight or cleric build, especially in games where Im banashing ‘demons’! :)

I like the combo of Mace or hammer, then some magic, tends to work well. They can be slow though, thats why Im thinking of a faster build for DS2.

6. Hybridpsycho

Technically they’re not dragons ;D

They’re wyverns

HATE ME!

7. Rafa_L

@3 I’ve tryied so many builds using the BB glitch (I loved that glitch, although the griefing was a bad side effect) and the ones that work best for me are fast ones, like thieves and light sorcerers. I’he never pulled off the fat or even medium roll very effectively and have some trouble with heavy weapons.

@6 In the interview, the guy translating the director (I don’t remember his position) actually referred to those as wyverns, as there are four legged dragons in the series. I personally don’t mind the mix up, in several movies we see two legged “dragons” as in game of thrones, and I really prefer them that way. And dragons in different cultures have so many differences that I really don’t care. Flying mytical lizard = dragon.