Castle of Illusion teased in retro styled movie trailer from SEGA

Thursday, 11th April 2013 18:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It looks like SEGA is almost ready to confirm a re-release of Castle of Illusion. See the trailer below, it all it’s old fashioned horror style glory. Reminds me a bit of the beginning of Young Frankenstein. The adventure platformer popped up on the Brazilian Ratings website last month, and was listed for PS3, Wii U, Vita, and Xbox 360. The trailer listing on YouTube lists it for a summer release.

1. Gheritt White

This, Flashback and PoP2? Has somebody in heaven just decided to grant my every gaming wish?

THANK YOU JEBUS! PRAISE BE!!

2. silkvg247

Last platformer I can honestly say I enjoyed. My Mum liked it too. :)

3. Hirmetrium

Holy crap, this and the Co-operative side of World of Illusion made up some pretty good memories.

Hope this is good and does well… Look forward to collecting those gems. Still remember that magical time when I was on my last life, moving through the last level and I spotted the purple gem out of nowhere… then smashed both the boss and tore the witch a new one!

4. DSB

silk just admitted to never having played Super Meat Boy.

I’m withholding all of your respect points until you provide proof of that having been fixed!

Seriously though, Castle of Illusion was teh epix. What about some Captain America and the Avengers eh?

5. silkvg247

No I played meat boy, but comparing that to COI is very chalk and cheese. One’s pretty hardcore, the other is just fun and almost relaxed. Bottom bumping enemies vs. limitless meaty deaths.. :p

And I daresay meatboy was “okay”, but I didn’t like it. It can’t just be because of the difficulty because I did enjoy Isaac.

Capt America and Avengers.. wut?

6. wishdokta

Don’t leave DuckTales behind. Interesting stuff incoming.

7. KernelPanic

I hope its not going to be 3D rubbish. But I’m afraid…