Vita System Software Update 2.10 now available in NA, hits Europe tomorrow

Tuesday, 9th April 2013 20:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has released System Software Update Version 2.10 of Vita in North America. The update introduces a folder system for the home screen, with the ability to save up to 10 icons in one and provide it with a specific name. Support for video playback via the internet browser was added as well, alongside a new feature into Group Messaging. Email, Photos, Sound, 3G uploads through Plus, and other items have also been enhanced. Those in Europe can expect the update to land tomorrow via the usual update. Features are touched upon in the video below.

1. SlayerGT

Sweetness

#1 1 year ago
  2. theevilaires

Meh! give me MKV support and make the memory cards cheaper. Folder system is useless now that we know A. The cards are small in size anyway and B. too expensive. I’d fill a 32GB card up so quick its not funny.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Hmmm… Folders Hooray :D Not that i was running out of space anyway. Great i can organise things in neat and tidy manner.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ps3fanboy

awesome news!!

#4 1 year ago
  5. polygem

folders+1

tea+1

by the way, since it was in that trailer: BUY SLY COOPER TIEVES IN TIME! it is damn cheap and one of the best games on the system.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Rocketbilly

I was pretty much maxed out on screen space due to my large collection of ps1 and psp titles as well as all my PS Plus games. Folders are a welcome and much needed addition.

#6 1 year ago
  7. theevilaires

^ already got it and it takes up a lot of space on my Vita memory card. plus I already view the different pages as folders anyway. I have a page with nothing buy PS1 classics and another for dedicated Vita games like Uncharted,WipeOut and Gravity Crush. lame update.

Vita will be awesome when I can throw any kind of video file on it and enjoy some pirated anime/Blu-ray rips of DC comic movies anywhere I go ;)

#7 1 year ago
  8. diego-rbb-93

Folders should have been since console´s launch.

Seriously, why the hell Sony is still so fucking dumb about improving the LiveOS? It feels horribly old comparing it to Android and Ios, and im only talking about interface, not contents.

#8 1 year ago
  9. polygem

@8: i agree. that´s the homework they have to do first imo. the vita bubbles are atrocious, if they want to compete with ms they have to work on their ui for ps4 and vita. not everything is bad though. i love the icons for your games on the ps3, the background picture that starts when you scroll over them and the trailer icon that pops up then. that´s brilliant….this stuff didn´t make it to the vita though :(

seriously, i like the vita, but the first time i turned it on and saw that ui i thought it must be a joke, i thought i must update it or something.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Talkar

Nice update, still waiting for a youtube app though…

#10 1 year ago
  11. ps3fanboy

with this update sony killed nintendos 3ds, period!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

Yeah because the addition of folders is whats really needed to place the coffin on 3DS, not games or anything.

#12 1 year ago
  13. LJR2

@10 They do have a youtube app…

#13 1 year ago
  14. lexph3re

Love this addition. I was getting tired of only have 9 spots on one page for games. My PS0ne, PSP and Vita titles are to scattered about.

Really disagree with the bubble interface. I think it’s nice actually, I like the active motion and the looks of the game art per bubbles.

And, folders after a year on the market isn’t crippling to a brand new OS of a device. Role out the support makes my device feel relevant.

Even with android os they didn’t have folders for a LONG time before the official software made it happen. I remember downloading apps to folder things all the time.

@11 Why do they have to kill eachother. Buy the damn devices if you like them

#14 1 year ago
  15. lexph3re

Welp… This firmware update just bricked my system and Sony won’t repair my system because of the sticker with the SN on it falling off. Annnnnddddd…. I just filed with the BBB on their asses will pressure their asses to fix my device I have invested 375 dollars into.

#15 1 year ago
  16. SlayerGT

@15 Without the serial number they can’t prove you DID invest 375 dollars into it. What you’re asking for is against they’re policy and definitely in the warranty terms of use etc. Do you have the sticker at least?

Edit: Jesus I’ve never bothered to notice its just a peasly sticker. After a quick search I saw 3 other folks that have lost their stickers also. I’ll learn from you and copy my shit down. Also gonna hold off on the update just yet. Thanks for posting man and I’m super sorry for your Vita. Good luck and I hope they help you.

#16 1 year ago
  17. lexph3re

Thanks, all I want is an option to fix my device. The fact they won’t service a device for a sticker is just plain appalling. I don’t even mind paying full warranty of 150 to get it fixed. But they said no? That’s grounds for BBB to me since at least one of the 2 requirements isn’t embroided on the device.

#17 1 year ago
  18. monkeygourmet

Sorry to hear about your Vita.

Im going to hold off on the update… Dealing with shitty Sony repair center is a pain in the ass.

I had an awful time with them and my PS3 that had a YLOD, never want to talk to those assholes agian.

#18 1 year ago