Cliffhanger Productions is giving Jagged Alliance Online a serious working-over ahead of its Steam release later this month.
The free-to-play tactics title released last year via Gamigo’s online gaming portal, but didn’t receive as glowing a reception as hoped for. It’s being rebuilt ahead of a Steam launch in late April, with Cliffhanger apparently “nearly every facet of gameplay”, as detailed below:
- Improved F2P model – all items in the shop are available through regular play, and can be earned more easily. All known pay-to-win tactics have been eliminated.
- Total class, weapon, and armor rebalance – starting classes are more balanced, and changes to weaponry allow more freedom to customize a character to your play-style. Sniper with a heavy machinegun? Sure, why not?
- Better PvP maps – more tactics and fewer Mexican standoffs.
- Improved mercenary and gear rules – all mercenaries and gear are fully restored after each mission so you can immediately jump back in the game. Players should never be penalized for simply playing.
- Action Point rebalance – increased Action Points, faster movement speeds, and reduced ready-costs make tactical maneuvering more important while creating a far more exciting gameplay experience.
- Increased HitPoints, new critical hit rules, status effects, new exotic weapons and armor, improved AI, and more.
Jagged Alliance Online is just the latest in a long-running tactical series which has the player hiring and training a squad of mercenaries. It boasts over 80 single-player missions as well as three PvP modes.