Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D has multiplayer, easy mode, new content

Saturday, 6th April 2013 16:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

When Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D hits the Nintendo eShop for 3DS, players will be able to partake in an optional easy mode and hit up other players through multiplayer if they so choose. Local multiplayer was also an option in the original Wii version, and instead of only having two hearts for health, easy mode grants you an extra one. Easy mode also offers items which can make Rocket Barrels take more damage, save players from a bad fall, and one that allows users to make use of the DK Barrel anytime they wish. That’s not all either: check out Nintendo UK for word on some of the new content included in the 3DS version.

The game is out May 24. Thanks, Nintendo World Report.

1. polygem

this game is TOUGH. easy mode is a good idea. i think it really is too hard for most players without it. nintendo=kids and casual games…yeah right. i can only say this again : you got to scratch the surface. this one is a true hardcore game. check this game out on normal you mature gamers you :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hybridpsycho

@1 Nintendo was hardcore, is now casual. Go figure.

#2 1 year ago
  3. theevilaires

I’m now playing this game on the Wii U via B/C and I’m loving it. Yes it can be difficult don’t let the all the colorful stuff fool you this is a hardcore rare gem the Wii had.

#3 1 year ago
  4. monkeygourmet

You should try Lego City TEA, it’s a good laugh!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Interesting.

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

@4 I was thinking about it I need a WiiU exclusive game I just refuse to buy third party on their system.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Joe Musashi

This is probably my favorite game on the Wii. Every single level offers something unique and memorable.

And, yes, whilst the game is tough (I recall losing over 50 lives on the first challenge/lava level!) it is very fair. However, the 3DS already has an advantage in that you won’t need to waggle that damn controller to do a forward roll. That was a real pain and absolutely unnecessary for the timing and precision this game demands.

JM

#7 1 year ago
  8. Francis O

@LengendaryBoss

Here is another core game, that sells on the “casual” system. Donkey Kong Country Returns sold 5 million units on the Wii. And this game is bound to sell a lot on the 3DS.

Plus, it’s hard, this is for core gamers. Donkey Kong Country is a real hardcore game. It’s difficult, challenging, and has complex game mechanics.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

@Francis O
    Why are you always picking me out? Do you have some sort of attachment to my name? Do you love hearing my opinion? Who are you trying to convince?
    Why don’t you start on someone else? http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/06/miyamoto-asks-consumers-to-be-patient-with-wii-u/

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

@Francis O
    But i am going to voice my opinion anyway since you called me out and you clearly love hearing my opinions so much :D even if Wii U and 3DS aren’t casual systems the image Nintendo has just gives me that impression. Oh and Francis explain to me why games like COD, Fifa, GTA and Resident Evil don’t sell well on Wii despite the higher install base than PS3 and Xbox360? And Why Nintendo’s games usually aimed at the causal audience sell millions?

#10 1 year ago
  11. Djoenz

That was on the Wii. What makes you so sure that it will sell equally well (or better) on WiiU? The Wii was something new at the time and family orientated. If the Wii was already HD they would have owned.

Multiplatform titles on the Wii were not HD. Now WiiU is HD but the multiplatform titles are hardcore titles that wont sell as well as on other platforms.

WiiU has entered too late imo. Wii made a lot of sales because of the casual family approach. Now you have casual games on Mobiles etc. it took the Wii’s spot and now WiiU isnt as demanded as the Wii was.

It is what it is.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

@Djoenz
    Forget him, this guy has Nintendo shoved so far up his ass that arguing facts with him is beyond difficult.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Francis O

@11 Djoenz, this game is coming out on 3DS not Wii U, what the hell are you talking about?

@12 Lengendary Boss
    Has nothing to do with “having Nintendo up my ass”. Here is the facts…. Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii sold really well. You say core games don’t sell on Nintendo consoles.

And I saw all the BS from the article you posted. This site, really hates Nintendo games. It’s hard fore me to keep track of all the haters.

#13 1 year ago
  14. polygem

@ legendary and francis. guys i would try to stop it before it will get out of hand. i agree with you francis, it is strange how much hate nintendo is getting all the time on here. i for one think it is great that they are still here- they make awesome games. simple as that…but as far as i know from LB’s posting he is a good guy. you don’t have to agree with him but he is not one of those that would blindly throw some shit at you when you combine the word ‘nintendo’ and ‘magic’ (try using that term here. good luck!) sorry, all i am trying to say, been there, done that, it isn’t worth it…and by the way francis, may i introduce you to become a member of the infamous nintendo defence force or in short NDF? a title the nintendo naysayers gave us on this page. i think members are oldergamer, monkeygourmet, manuOtaku, me….maybe 1 or 2 more, not sure, we do not have a clubbook yet :) but i will suggest that we will get one at our next clubmeeting on tallon IV.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    You seem to be missing what i said at @10. So your focusing on me, oh glad i got your attention :D But i am not hater of Nintendo BTW.
    @polygem
    I never started this argument here, he just said my name and i responded @9/10. I even said this was “interesting” and still chooses to pick a fight.

#15 1 year ago
  16. polygem

@LB: i know. no hate. i just saw you two arguing in a few threads and i just tried to play the mediator here…sorry not up to me to do that kind of stuff anyway.
    if someone calls out someone without being in the thread actually (like francis did here), referring to another thread, that´s how this stuff gets started and it can get nasty. no offense francis but i know, i´ve been there and it´s not worth it.
    …but i am so sick of the platform wars on this page man, i am not counting you to the ´blind fanboy´ category here LB, not at all and i don´t think francis is one either…well, like i said just wanted you guys to shake hands again. ohhhh cuuuute, isn´t it?
    ;)