Little Inferno sales reach 250,000

Friday, 5th April 2013 02:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The award-winning Little Inferno – a fireplace sim slash critique of microtransaction culture – has sold 250,000 units across all platforms. The pretty hilarious litle gem is available digitally for iOS, PC and Wii U; it was one of the first indies on the Wii U’s eShop. Little Inferno won a technical excellence award at this year’s IGF.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. DrDamn

Would like to pick this up but it’s not very well priced on WiiU. I’ll wait until it’s sub £5.

2. monkeygourmet

It’s okay, but, I didn’t really feel like there was any skill to it?

I was prob not playing it properly, but it just felt like I was dumping random stuff into the fireplace and setting it on fire?

The art style is great though, very Ren & Stimpy

3. DrDamn

Yeah I think the idea was it was just fun to burn things. Trying to work out the stamp combos was the only ‘game’ bit to it. This is why I wasn’t going to pay so much for it.

4. monkeygourmet

But I can do that for free at the back of the Village Church?! ;)

Right, makes sense now, def worth a shot, but def below £5

5. silkvg247

It’s worth it just to turn a bus filled with kids into a fiery explosion.

6. DSB

I love 2D Boy, but I was expecting Little Inferno to be a game. Instead it was really more of a toy.

@2 Like Brenna said, you’re actually playing a parody of micro-transaction games. You pay for something, then you burn it, and then you use even more money to pay for some more, and burn that.

It’s a bit far to go just to take a stab at those games, but I guess it’s nevertheless a pretty charming way of going about it.