Company of Heroes 2 pre-orders add bonus campaign, units & more

Friday, 5th April 2013 13:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Company of Heroes 2 publisher Sega has announced a new wave of pre-order incentives for its WW2 strategy release.

Anyone pre-ordering from a supporting retailer will receive a ‘Theatre of War’ mini-campaign that follows a new story during the same conflict. Players will also receive bonus ‘Winter Ambush’ and ‘Voronezh Front’ skin packs for to paint their vehicles in multiplayer.

Pre-order customers will also receive two new commanders on the German and Russian side. First up is the German ‘Joint Operations Doctrine’, which gives players precision artillery bombardments, while the ‘Offensive Spearhead Doctrine’ will give a player’s heavy armour and airstrikes a boost.

Russian players can use the ‘Anti-Infantry Tactics Doctrine’ will give them access to flamethrower tanks that will send all those wee soldiers running, and the ‘Conscript Support Tactics Doctrine’ which will grant players with rapid reinforcements.

Have you pre-ordered Company of Heroes 2? Are you looking forward to it? Tell us about it below.

Company of Heroes 2 launches worldwide June 25.

1. ArcticMonkey

I’m very interested in this game, I love RTS titles. One problem, I don’t have a gaming PC. Bleh.

I’ve been stuck playing Civ Revolution and XCOM. I love them, but two good RTS games an entire generation leaves me hungry for more.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Digital Bamboo

This is the type of game that makes me want to get a better PC, but also fear the amount of time I would spend playing it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. hives

I’m excited, can’t wait…

But I have no idea how they want to achieve balance in multiplayer with this new commander system and giving new commanders as downloadable content…

#3 1 year ago
  4. pbvider

I have pre-ordered Company of Heroes 2,but didn`t know about those campaign bonuses,thx for info Dave!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Tavarish

Not sure what to think about these commanders as pre-order bonus because it often means more and less OP stuff so people really have reason to pre-order. Get that upper hand!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Hirmetrium

The bonus campaign is part of the collectors edition, they are just offering it as an extra incentive to pre-order.

Commander Archetypes are basically extra commander trees, ala COH1.

The new commander system was well presented back in December last year as part of press previews, so none of this information is particularly NDA.

Feel free to ask me anything – been following COH2 like a religion.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Tavarish

@6 I know what these Commander are and theirs function within the game. You can make them OP by e.g. providing one commander with artillery that rips through even heavier tanks.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Hirmetrium

Most of the commanders have similar abilities, but different sets of them. Your worrying too much. Some have tiger and artillery, some have tiger and bombers, others have tiger and infantry. Or, they could not have a tiger in them. See where I’m coming from?

However, the collectors edition is now… no longer available. Neither are the steam preorder bonus tiers. Seems odd.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Tavarish

@8 I know how Commanders work and why they are there. Still it needs just that one overturned ability to really push him above other Commanders for while.

Beta & NDA, nuff said.

#9 1 year ago
  10. GrimRita

I was looking so forward to this, until Sega gave it a fixed release date. Meaning that no matter what is/not working, it will still be released – like they did with Shogun 2

Have to wait for 6 months until I purchase this now