Thief’s Garrett to be played by Romano Orzari

Thursday, 4th April 2013 17:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Thief’s Garrett will be played by Romano Orzari in the game, according to a new community video from Eidos Montreal. As reported previously, the original voice actor Stephen Russell didn’t reprise his role as full performance capture was implemented into the game. Can’t say it was a bad choice, in my opinion anyway, plus you may recognize him from Assassin’s Creed 2 where he voiced Giovanni Auditore da Firenze. He also played him in Assassin’s Creed: Lineage, the live-action video series.

Thief is out next year on next-gen consoles and PC.

1. Lengendaryboss

How do we feel about this Thief fans?

#1 1 year ago
  2. CaptPierce

Sam Fisher, Snake, and Garrett with replaced voices. It’s like stealth game icons can’t catch a break in 2013 huh?

That being said, the dude’s an awesome voice actor, and one that actually sits well with me. :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. deathm00n

One of the most memorable characters of AC2 in the short time he appeared.

#3 1 year ago
  4. fearmonkey

I think he was a great choice for a replacement…
    but…I still think of Stephen Russell as Garrett, I just always loved his voice performance. Sarcastic and cocky yet not annoying or over the top. He really made the character for me, so this will be a weird adjusting for me.

It’s kind of like The Darkness, a game that I really loved and loved the original voice actor. The Darkness 2 actor never really felt right to me, I never felt he was as good as the original jackie.

The Darkness 2 jackie was more in line with the comics, but Starbreezes Jackie was so human and not so much an action hero, the original had alot of heart to it.

#4 1 year ago
  5. apollyonbob

I just wish that instead of “replacing” Garrett, they just made a new thief. That way they could keep Garrett, he could be a mentor Keeper like that other Keeper in Thief 1 & 2, etc.

That seems like a much deeper story idea to me.

#5 1 year ago
  6. TheWulf

Eh. To me, it’s still replacing old and interesting with sexy and young. That’s still as shallow as fuck. :I I’d prefer the older sounding and looking Garrett myself. I don’t like this current idea that only people between the ages of 18 and 28 can be a hero.

I find that repugnant.

#6 1 year ago
  7. TheWulf

And made it a new IP and not called it Thief. I would have had nothing to say, then. It’s just IP rape.

#7 1 year ago