Quantic Dream’s PS4 project: “You’d be amazed” by it, says Cage

Thursday, 4th April 2013 11:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Beyond: Two Souls creator David Cage has shed some light on the scope of Quantic Dream’s yet-unannounced PS4 title in a new interview.

Speaking with CVG, Cage said, “Trust me, if I showed you what we’re doing with the PS4 you would be amazed. It’s another world”.

Cage stressed that the PS4′s additional clout is liberating, and said, “Generally it will give us more subtlety, more nuance, more detail. New hardware provides new technologies that allow you to be more subtle. And that in itself does change the developer’s incentives.

“I probably wouldn’t have attempted Beyond on PS2 because I wouldn’t have thought I could get there. There would have been certain trade-offs.”.

He added on Beyond “We could have made just a sequel with Beyond. We could have gone with the same template and just fill the holes with different characters. But I started with a blank page and imagined completely different things. I don’t want to replicate the same things. The engine is completely different. We have built it from scratch”.

Cage’s chatter follows domain registrations for a PS4 project called Singularity, rumoured to be in development at Quantic Dream as you read this. Check out the full story here.

Thanks OPM.

1. Francis O

No…Cage… I won’t. I’ll be amazed by Naughty Dog’s PS4 Project. Cause it will actually be a real game, instead of cut-scenes and quick time events.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

@1 Reminds me of MGS4 and heavy rain, but Beyond Two Souls have no more quick time events than the average game.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Da Man

Phony Molyneux. Pompous advertising, mentally disturbing marketing and boring videogames.

#3 1 year ago
  4. mercury96

quantic dream’s games are awesome cause theres just too many games that are always about killing things for fun . They arent afraid to try anything new and the games are awesome if u try it cos it immerses you into the story. Respect them and if your not into these interactive games, don’t bother saying anything crap about it, so many other games out there. This ain’t a movie cos you cant control a what you do in a movie or make choices. You can in their games and its so engaging. Its a interactive drama game FFS.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KAP

The only thing that would impress me is a living breathing city much like in watch dogs where you can enter any home or building in the game.

If our medium can do that or atleast one game can pull that off then ill be overly impressed. Until then Cage is on borrowed time my friend.

:-)

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

Wait, isn’t that Valorie Curry from “The Following”?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 indeed it is :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. Rikki

David Cage is the new Peter Molyneux! Good, I’ve missed old Molyneux!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

@1 – Francis speaking ill of someone who isn’t Nintendo? Perish the thought!

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

Well, whatever he comes up on PS4, I’m sure is going to be amazing, if his PS3 games are any indication.

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

@7: She’s an absolute beauty. After watching the show however, I can’t help but be afraid of her. :D

#11 1 year ago
  12. JRNO

Can’t wait for E3.

#12 1 year ago
  13. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Hey, I have this thing. It’s the most amazing thing ever.

Excited?

#13 1 year ago
  14. Lengendaryboss

@13 Not really :D

#14 1 year ago
  15. Ristas

I hear the PS4 project has 20 more emotions because of that supercharged CPU! Hyped!

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

With more polygon comes more emotion.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Da Man

The PS4 project has infinite alternative realities with infinite emotional mature toys. It’s because teh PS4 processor runs on free speech and equality.

As a psychologist, writer, designer and a blogger I can’t wait for this hardcore masterpiece from the trusted SONY® artist David Cage.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Kaufer

You sound really bitter for some reason.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Djoenz

He Da Man! :D He is a PSYCHOlogist.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Da Man

No, I’m a SaRcAsM..

#20 1 year ago
  21. Max Payne

@16 Polygon is emotion.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Kabby

You can’t have real emotions without the Emotion Engine®.

#22 1 year ago
  23. skapunkmetalskater

The amount of bigging up he did for Heavy Rain, making it out to be the greatest achievement in videogame history makes this statement meaningless for me. Expect much more of it until the game releases and then disappointment.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Francis O

#9 Clupula

Did you not read what I posted? I praised Naughty Dog! There not part of Nintendo… at least last time I checked.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Espers

“I probably wouldn’t have attempted Beyond on PS2″ <==???????
    besides there's already a game called singularity !! and mgs4 is not cutscenes quick time events

#25 1 year ago