PS4 launching October, will cost £300 says tabloid rag

Thursday, 4th April 2013 10:01 GMT By Dave Cook

PS4 will launch in October with a ballpark £300 price-tag according to UK tabloid The Sun. Swallow your heavily-salted Salt n’ Shake crisps and venture onward.

MCV reports that pre-facing an interview with Sony exec Andrew House, The Sun writes that PS4 is, “believed to be coming out in October” and added “experts believe [PS4] could retail for about £300”.

No source is listed.

Anyhow, further on Andrew House did make clear Sony’s intent to capture both the hardcore and casual market with PS4 – because believe it or not that IS actually possible without compromising either side people.

Said House, “We are not going down the route of making the console pink of course. I think the key is to have people — and increasingly women — with different sensibilities creating different games. It is not all about shoot ’em up games. The key is getting games developers — who are going to make the next Angry Birds — excited about the PS4. And they are.”

Thoughts folks?

1. bitsnark

Ooh, Salt & Shake crisps; you’ve given me an odd little craving for those now Dave!

But yeah, this is The Sun; citing no source whatsoever with nebulous talk about ‘experts’ and ‘believed to be’s’ meaning it likely won’t amount to much.

#1 1 year ago
  2. GrimRita

I can just feel the love in that headline Dave :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Oh i sure the ladies can cope without a Pink PS4 :D Anyway i am glad Sony are going after both audiences, i just hope they can maintain balance between hardcore and causal titles, they can’t cater to one side and the forget the other. The £300 price point is the sweet spot PS4 should be at, but then again the PS Vita was at the sweet spot and people complain, i think perception might be lost at launch.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dave Cook

@2 was it that obvious? :P

@1 Get this mate, my fiance’s dad eats Salt n’ Shake crisps without the salt. Madness I tell you!

#4 1 year ago
  5. bitsnark

@4 HERESY!!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Eregol

From Jonny Cullen

Update: Daniel Jones, the writer behind the interview with House in The Sun this morning, has told me the October release mentioned was just “estimation”.

He said: “That’s just my estimation. I think the consensus is they want it out by holiday season in US. So Oct or Nov look likely.”

For its part, if it’s worth anything, Sony is still standing by its Holiday 2013 release date announced at the PlayStation Meeting in New York in February, it told me in an email today.

#6 1 year ago
  7. monkeygourmet

If true, that price point would be about perfect.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Stardog

I wouldn’t pay more then £300, so it sounds good to me.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Droid

Don’t forget VAT, etc. They never ‘remember’ to mention that but it’s not going away, so add that on to any ‘base’ price you hear. Will be nearer £400 for us no doubt.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Dave Cook

@8 not many people would these days mate, I agree. I think Sony and Microsoft both need to take a bigger loss on their respective formats and really go aggressive on content. Doing so with cheap to maintain/sign up indie games that will post big returns is the key – Minecraft for example.

#10 1 year ago
  11. bitsnark

@10 On a side note, is that NextBox unveil still pencilled in for the end of the month, and if so, when do you reckon the invites will come through?

I’m hearing rumblings that it might have been shunted into May.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Samoan Spider

@Dave I agree that they need to loss-lead this time, but I just can’t see it. It damn nearly took Sony out at the start of the last generation and MS no doubt considered walking from the market until they started getting heavier parts discounts later on. With things being tough in this climate, the only benefit I see is a weak Yen helping Sony, but otherwise I think neither will take the chance at loss-leading. £400 is a best guess with £350 being an absolute best case.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Dave Cook

@12 Oh yeah it’s a risk for sure, you’re correct. I think they need to be smarter in an IP sense and their approach to indies seems to suggest they have it sussed out finally. If you make PS4 an open platform with little barriers to entry – cost is the big one – then more devs will flock to your format and Sony will have more content for less cost than a big triple-a game, and in some cases a lot of money in return.

Say Minecraft costs Sony $30,000 to sign (just talking completely theoretical as obviously the real fee would be much higher) and it then went on to make Sony $10 million. That would be a colossal win for them.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dragon246

@Dave,
    Off topic, but you need to get this monkeygourmet guy off me.

At the end of the shitstorm, everyone agreed to ignore each other, but the guy still has the itch to comment to me, probably because he got banned recently by Pat.

Is it acceptable on VG247?

#14 1 year ago
  15. monkeygourmet

How is that any different to calling WOE out constantly?

“People in glass houses”, dragon…

#15 1 year ago
  16. Samoan Spider

@13 There’s no denying that being open or at least having a very low barrier for entry needs to be the top priority for both parties. Without it, they will suffer greatly with a price point >£300. This just isn’t the same world any more and applying current gen business mentality won’t work. You’re dead right they need to change.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Dave Cook

@16 “This just isn’t the same world any more and applying current gen business mentality won’t work” – 100% correct mate. It’s a changing playing field and these companies need to adapt or die. We’ve seen the poor financials and we saw THQ collapse because its stable of IP was weak. It’s a fierce industry now.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Lengendaryboss

@17 I don’t think their “stable of IP was weak” they were initially strong, but choices made caused them to weaken as the years progressed. Also poor choices made within the company and failing to adapt led to their downfall as you said.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Dragon246

@15,
    Oh, so you are protecting woe?
    How about pointing out others who say the same thing about him? And when did I call out woe there? I only referred to a link (his history)? And how is that your business meddling in?

You know, back off monkey. I am not talking to people who gets BANS.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Dragon246

That rumbling aside, great price. Even though launch here wont be less than 600$, so no day one buy.

@17, 18,
    I don’t think THQ signifies anything special, it happens every gen. You will see companies go out all the time.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Samoan Spider

@Dragon and MG please don’t poison another thread. You both have opinions that add to discussions for the most part so for all of our sakes, please stay on topic. It may just be that VG247 gets fed up and bans both of you for the constant bickering.

#21 1 year ago
  22. zinc

@21, Who are you to get in-between these two star crossed lovers?

#22 1 year ago
  23. Dragon246

@21,
    Sorry about putting thread off-topic, but this isn’t the first time, and its better if someone makes it clear if you can respond without putting yourself into a bad position. Only saying since Brenna said to stop this. As I said there, I am sick of people hounding me, especially ones who banned for the same reason earlier, and still don’t learn the lesson.

@Zinc,
    Not funny. You may be enjoying this, I am not.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Lengendaryboss

@22 The jealous boyfriend :D Joking!

#24 1 year ago
  25. Samoan Spider

@22 Just an innocent bystander. Like being stuck in the quiet carriage on a train with someone shouting into their phone. You’re not directly involved, but sometimes you just need to say something. We’re all here to comment on the topics, and maybe some banter, but spiking every thread with directed anger? Are you sure that should go without mention?

@23 Don’t be sorry to me mate. I take it neither of you want to leave the site so you just gotta find a way to ignore it.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Dragon246

^Btw, I never got banned, and want it stay that way. That is why I am making sure no one blame me if I respond, and complaining is standard procedure, Pat has said to do this instead of responding back. Although I don’t want to bother him with email (while he is collecting some next-gen leak :D )so I said it here.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Gadzooks!

#26

If you packed up your flag-waving and ceaseless, tedious, brainless Nintendo bashing and fucked off forever, this place would be a far more peaceful, constructive place to chat.

Your constant defendo-bot routine is an instant wet blanket on pretty much every topic.

Go away.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Lengendaryboss

^So much passive arguments going on. Aren’t there certain rules members have to abide by so this stuff doesn’t happen so often.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Djoenz

Who do you think you are? You are typing nonsense.

Wether the lot of you “thinks” Dragon is bashing this or that he has tried (from what I have experienced) to be civilized. He mainly focus on companies and often with links to back up his arguments.

You guys on the otherhand instead of ignoring him (you guys dont agree) keep on pestering/harrassing him.

So if any should be banned its those that cant seem to get of his back.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Gadzooks!

#28

I’m afraid not. It takes some serious antisocial behaviour to get any attention from moderators.

Racism and homophobia will get you banned. Trolls like Dragon are free to troll, antagonise, and whine like a little girl that he’s being ‘hounded’ (LOL!) all day long.

#30 1 year ago
  31. zinc

Fitting I think…

#31 1 year ago
  32. MadFlavour

Tabloid rag.

Slow clap.

#32 1 year ago
  33. VIVANRED

PlayStation 4 is cost nearly 460 $ .

but i think that in USA it’s cost 450 $ .

#33 1 year ago
  34. Dave Cook

@32 thank you for adding nothing to the discussion.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Gadzooks!

#29

Either you have a crush or are an alt account. Either way you are as bad a troll as Dragon and your comments on this subject are worthless, not to mention completely wrong.

#35 1 year ago
  36. Lengendaryboss

@30 Ok then. @29 Best to stay out of it mate.

#36 1 year ago
  37. Petulant Radish

I would trust The Sun on this one, after all they’ve probably hacked at least 38,497 phones, ‘intercepted’ five billion emails and paid off fourteen entire constabularies to get this info.

#37 1 year ago
  38. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

You know, the ‘raggish’ nature of the tabloids to which you allude is most commonly felt in their overbearing, opinionated headlining.

#38 1 year ago
  39. Dragon246

@Djoenz,
    Thanks. Really appreciate it.

#39 1 year ago
  40. Dave Cook

@38 pot, kettle, black.

#40 1 year ago
  41. Rikki

£300 is a good price. I personally feel they can’t go over £300 without losing out on a more casual audience. I still feel that they will have more than one version at launch. Similar to the 360 launch, this £300 version will be the “core” while there will be a more expensive version along with it.

#41 1 year ago
  42. DarkKnight

@Fakzooks!
    Why not go back to your 360 xbot orgy with your esteemed friend Da Man and stay right there? I wonder how assholes like you and Da Man stay on this site. Xbots should only talk to fellow xbots, since they sound moronic in society

#42 1 year ago
  43. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Exactly my point.

#43 1 year ago
  44. Dave Cook

@43 yeah I know.

#44 1 year ago
  45. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Yay! ;)

#45 1 year ago
  46. OlderGamer

Gad +1

I can say I have actualy been hounded day after day, post after post. Resulting in the pair of them being banned. The stuff going on now? Very mild. Very very very mild.

Someone not agreing with someone else isn’t jack or shit. Fanboy behavior is not bannable, nor should it be. We are all fans of something or we wouldn’t be here.

An ignore feature site wide would be great, but I understand that isn’t possible. So best to just buck up and do the ignoring yourself. But if a poster comes into a thread and derails it by making a plea to the staff(which the staff wisly ignored), it will become very hard for other posters not to point out that Passive Agressive type behavior. At the lest. If one thing can be said here, is that posters call bullshit when they see it.

My advice is if you have a problem and feel it is bad enough to warrent action, document it and mail it to Pat. He is the boss, this is his site. But he is likly to tell you to stop whining.

There are clear cut rules for what will get you banned. Go read them. But banning people isn’t somehow a score for your team. It doesn’t work like that.

#46 1 year ago
  47. Gadzooks!

#42

Oh gosh, an alt-account trolling me. I am so very shocked and hurt. My face is all sad-like.

Can a mod please be my bestest friend and hurt the bad man?

*Yawn*

#47 1 year ago
  48. Samoan Spider

OlderGamer, you win teh internetz for today :P

#48 1 year ago
  49. Djoenz

Yet you + 1′ed Lamezooks!
    Just look at what shit that dude is typing up. I cant respect that.
    Its immature. His choice of words etc. I never saw Dragon type like that.

Brave behind keyboards. Very brave.

#49 1 year ago
  50. daytripper

It’s getting worse than N4G here, the constant bickering is ridiculous and some have the nerve to suggest what a great community it is.

Is it Fuck!

#50 1 year ago
  51. Da Man

Friends we’re being hounded by anti-social 12 year olds11 Someone please kill them11

#51 1 year ago
  52. monkeygourmet

@Djoenz

Is that you in there Dragon? :)

I keep going on about it, but the alt accounts stuff is getting stupid now.

Forums tend to be so far removed from RL converstaions anyway, but to make up alt accounts to agree with yourself or troll is the lowest of an already troubled conversation method.

Is this still so hard to sort out?

The main reason kids use alt accounts is because they realise they’ve been an asshole, and instead of owning up to it, try to create ‘fake’ allies to back them up…

It’s something that isn’t a transferable life skill i’m afraid…

@Topic

As I stated at the start of the thread, £300 is a pretty perfect price point for the PS4, it would basically make the Wii U look severly overpriced and would potentially have to force Nintendo to drop to £149 in the near future to retaliate.

I have more of feeling that the SUN has got a hard on for the PS4/720 and are doing some wishful thinking, I expect £399 on launch so they can reduce to £300 after a year or so.

#52 1 year ago
  53. Lengendaryboss

@52 Well it is strange that they are commenting at different times, but he/she is defending Dragon out of the goodness of his/her heart.
    @50 Well there are some good members of the community (i’ll heard) and i do agree that the bickering is bad but not as bad as Neogaf; it is like a warzone over there when arguing.

#53 1 year ago
  54. Gadzooks!

#49

Ah, I see you have selected the ‘moral highground’ card. A popular choice, however your alt-trolling cancels it’s effect.

Try harder, troll.

No.. Try *smarter*.

#54 1 year ago
  55. monkeygourmet

Enter the Dragon…

#55 1 year ago
  56. Gadzooks!

#55

I’d rather not, all things considered. That could really be construed as hostile. ;)

#56 1 year ago
  57. stretch215

I agree with #50 to a point. While I enjoy laughing at you fools, it’s getting a bit out of control. Now everyone is saying people have “alt accounts” lol. If you do have one(for trolling), well, you’re an asshole. But I just don’t think it’s the “problem” some posters think it is. I think it’s more like : “there’s no way more than one person can disagree with me, so it must be an alt account”, which is almost as ridiculous a thought as actually creating one.

#57 1 year ago
  58. monkeygourmet

O_o

#58 1 year ago
  59. monkeygourmet

You would be suprised…

#59 1 year ago
  60. Djoenz

Amen muwhahaha. Im sorry but I literally laughed. Alt accounts really guys?
    People with alt accounts would be pathetic but no one would make alt accounts for this reason.

You guys should read the shit you typing honestly. Wahaha. Sad but hilarious.

Im at work bored out of my mind and Im defending Dragon because you guys posting utter shit. Give him some slack.

#60 1 year ago
  61. OlderGamer

Stretch, having been a mod for a while, I can 100% say without a doubt that alt accounting is rampent. What you said makes perfect sense. And it is prolly the case sometimes. But there are a LOT of posters that have alter egos.

#61 1 year ago
  62. Dave Cook

@61 Really? How cowardly of them.

#62 1 year ago
  63. Gadzooks!

Who was it that had the IP checker? Might have been OG, I can’t remember.

We’ve flushed out (and had banned) alts before. I’d love to see it happen again.

Edit: curse my old slow fingers. Beaten to it by old slow (joke!) OG.

#63 1 year ago
  64. Djoenz

Im actually a long time member of finalfantasyforums.net and dupe accounts are banned immediately.

Sloppy VG247 sloppy!!

#64 1 year ago
  65. Djoenz

I can already tell you are one lame ass mawfucka.
    Member since 2 weeks maybe.

:P

#65 1 year ago
  66. OlderGamer

Those days where rough. Brutal.

#66 1 year ago
  67. monkeygourmet

So your alt account began 2 weeks ago, is that what you are saying?

#67 1 year ago
  68. Samoan Spider

@DJ Cmon, you’ve been rumbled, time to bring back Dragon

#68 1 year ago
  69. Gadzooks!

#67

He must mean that, because my profile says I joined in Feb 2009. ;)

#69 1 year ago
  70. Djoenz

Samoan
    Ive read your posts here and you post sense please don’t start with the same bullshit and jump this lame bandwagon.

Alt account.. You guys are insulting me.

I feel very welcome on VG247. Defending someone when you guys are basicly trolling.

@Dave Cook you guys do something about dupe accounts?

#70 1 year ago
  71. Dave Cook

@70 Looks like we will yeah, It’s not within my personal power to do something about it, but I’ll ask the team. Bear with us.

#71 1 year ago
  72. monkeygourmet

I think we have a winner!

#72 1 year ago
  73. Djoenz

TY for responding man.
    My first forum ever was and still is on finalfantasyforums.net. Ive been using primarily vg247 for awesome game news since 2006. Posting there with source links of your site. I was basicly copy pasting hehe.

VG247 is simply the best gamesite imo, but your community saddens me. Ive been reading comments as well since 2006 but only recently decided to join.
    Love talking about games.

I hope you guys will do something about dupeaccounts and trolls too cause these guys need moderating as sad as it sounds.

#73 1 year ago
  74. monkeygourmet

It’s well worth looking into.

Im well aware I don’t always get on with everyone, mainly because I can be a miserable middle aged bastard sometimes, but the alt accounts thing really undermines any good community.

It’s worse than direct trolling by miles, the stealth nature of it can esculate or de-rail things way more comments from someone like ‘SOMI’…

#74 1 year ago
  75. blackdreamhunk

With a price tag of $300 I do believe those consoles will sell but here is nice link talks about what game devs will be facing with the new consoles.

Future of PC Gaming After Playstation 4 & Xbox 720 Are Released & What PC Gaming Needs to Improve On

#75 1 year ago
  76. OlderGamer

But there is a currency difference too isn’t there? It isn’t 300usd right?

#76 1 year ago
  77. stretch215

@61 well, being a mod, you would know better than me. I think anyone that creates an alt account to troll should have both of their accounts banned.

#77 1 year ago
  78. Djoenz

No its 300 pounds. Also I think it will be more expensive than 300 pounds tbh.
    I need euro currency.

#78 1 year ago
  79. monkeygourmet

TBH OG, I don’t even think it would be £300…

Usually they bump about £50 on top of the US price so I can’t imagine this figure being correct.

Maybe $399 would be nearer the ballpark?

#79 1 year ago
  80. monkeygourmet

It needs to be both def, otherwise it wouldn’t work.

Obvious trolls like SOMI who wanted Miyamoto dead, were easy to ignore.

It’s the stealth shit thats hard not to step in.

#80 1 year ago
  81. Gadzooks!

Oh yeah, what I meant to say is I’ve been on VG247 since.. Um.. 1934. I used to quote VG articles in ‘Charleston Monthly’ magazine.

Yeah, definitely long before whatever anyone else posts.

I also love VG247 with more of my body than anyone else, and am not in any way a slimy brown nose because all VG247 staff has the nicest, cleanest, rose-smellingest balloon knots.

#81 1 year ago
  82. OlderGamer

I honestly don’t think alt accounts are that big of a problem. The behavior from alt can be. But I think alt accounts should simply be held to the same standards as everyone else. It shouldn’t matter if a person has two five or just one account. But each one of those accounts should follow the rules.

Where I think the problem is in enforcing those rules. Mods are a tricky puzzle. Right now the site has mods that take care of spam in the forum. I am one of those. I delete, alng with others, spam attacks.

But how would you feel about me having power to ban people? I don’t even know how I would feel about it. I like being part of the comunity here, policing it would likly remove me from it. I would feel conflicted between posting as a poster and staying out of it to keep objective and fair.

I am sure dave knows it is hard to mingle as it were, without calling someone out on something and getting onvolved in something. Fact is when a good poster starts argueing with a troll, onlookers soon have a hard time figuring out which one is the troll and which the good poster.

Mods are no doubt a ball of wax. For all concerned.

Every once in awhile members call out for moderation. However for the most part the site doesn’t need it. And no offense to anyone, but the recent outbursts are rather tame. And being brought on by one or two posters themself. Not naming names, or citing examples. Just pointing out that the call for mods or staff to do something is often part of the game. Sad as it is. There is often a delecate difference between someone being bullied and someone not liking other people having different opinions. Also, this is the interwebz, tuff skin is needed.

Just becareful what you demand. Because the changes you want might not be what you envisioned.

#82 1 year ago
  83. Djoenz

Muwhahahahahahahahajahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

#83 1 year ago
  84. OlderGamer

I am thinking the same type of numbers guys. 400usd for a base model. Maybe as high as 500usd with a deluxe type one.

#84 1 year ago
  85. blackdreamhunk

I too like vg247 they are not bais cooperate media followers.

#85 1 year ago
  86. Gadzooks!

#84

It’s a bit of a pipe dream, but if that $500 deluxe model had full hardware BC and access to the back catalog, I think they could really clean up.

PSN+ right now is a goldmine, but a non-BC PS4 would effectively reset PSN+ value to zero until the games portfolio fills up.

#86 1 year ago
  87. deathm00n

@86 I think they said something about PS+ playing a big part in PS4. But I don’t think we will be able to transfer games from PS+ that are on PS3 to PS4…

#87 1 year ago
  88. OlderGamer

I agree Gad.

One of the biggest concerns I have next gen is BC. Not the DVD retail games, but for the digital stuff. I have a ton of downloaded games for both PS3 and xb360. I am waiting to see what will happen on that front before I put my money down on anything.

But I could see Sony doing a pack in, a year of PSN+, maybe a second controler or cables even vouchers for a deluxe model for 500usd.

#88 1 year ago
  89. viralshag

@86/87/88, I thought it was already confirmed that no PS3 games will be playable on the PS4? So you can write off BC straight away, and that goes for PSN purchases too.

Pretty much anything you buy on/for the PS3 now is only playable on the PS3.

#89 1 year ago
  90. Dragon246

@Djoenz,
    Thanks again. Really appreciate the support.

Now, before I say this, sorry to Clupula and DrDamn,

Now, what started this? Here is what I said -
    “@LB
    Click on his member page and you will understand. You don’t want to listen to his rumblings.”

Result- This shitstorm

Clupula-Imagine that, Woe posting an anti-Sony article. Almost like it’s his job…

Result- No response from these people

DrDamn- @woe
    You didn’t post when SuperDAE said he wasn’t aware of any spec improvements to Durango. Why was that? So aren’t DF going to wildly speculate Epic are even more disappointed in that?

Result- No response again.

Again, I don’t expect anything else from these people. People who cant produce counter-arguments tend to talk shit to prove themselves superior.

Now, I am probably leaving this site for quite a while, since I cant be bothered with listening shit from internet nobodies, and I have important things to attend to in real life.

Adios.

#90 1 year ago
  91. polygem

i would really like the staff to check for alt accounts. i think it´s about time. i am sure there are a lot of those. people use them to back themsleves up. totally weird and disturbing behaviour if you ask me but it sure is happening.
    @Djoenz: i might be a bit paranoid now but maybe i am not and i am even spot on? your “muwahaha” and “wahaha” stuff in your posts kind of outed you (at least in my book) as the poster who tried to troll me as: psvitauser in my ” ? ragnarok odyssey ? ” forum post….just saying :) what are you saying?

#91 1 year ago
  92. Lengendaryboss

@90 Wow these people have it in for you. See ya Dragon, hope you find happiness elsewhere.
    Amazing that you guys pratically bullied Dragon out of here.

#92 1 year ago
  93. zinc

Not all alt-accounts are for trolling, sometimes a fresh start is nice :-)

#93 1 year ago
  94. OlderGamer

But it isn’t the staffs or mods job to moniter peoples opinions. Or to take sides. Or to make sure that all platforms are treated equaly. It is ok for someone to say “Sony sucks” or “WiiU is for casual grannies”. You don’t have to agree, and it is ok to argue.

But when people start going into sexism, racism, homophobia. When people start attacking another person based on those things, that is where the line often gets drawn. As it should be.

“Sniff sniff, he called my fav system a bad name” isn’t bannable.

In all honesty trolling is not bannable. Being an asshole is. There is a difference.

#94 1 year ago
  95. OlderGamer

plus Zinc is right ;)

#95 1 year ago
  96. DrDamn

They’ve vaguely talked about via Gaikai tech. Don’t think it will happen myself. A premium model with PS3 chips in might work but I reckon Sony will take the keep your old PS3 for a bit approach. They are much better positioned should there ever be a PS5.

#96 1 year ago
  97. polygem

@Dragon: sorry, breaking our deal, (only a day later:) but if you are really planning to leave…don´t blame others for this situation. i think it would be a good decission if you´d leave the page for a while. i´d personally would really like to get along with you but i also think you should think and reflect your posting behaviour a little more. not saying i cannot be an ass myself from time to time but a break could really help imo. hope you are coming back one day though – maybe a bit more open minded. i am serious. no hate man. all the best. i know you´ll be back one day anyway because this place is just too much fun to ignore it.

#97 1 year ago
  98. OlderGamer

And I agree with Doc there too, I recall something about Giakia being for BC. Like I said I want more details. So far, I am not impressed with social features, not impressed with tech demos…I am waiting more info.

#98 1 year ago
  99. PC_PlayBoy

Enjoy your laggy as fuck PS3 games via Gaikai on PS4.

#99 1 year ago
  100. Djoenz

Sorry this is my first and only account. I dont know what you guys are talking about. Dupe accounts are the lamest things ever.

They oughta moderate that shit cause it seems to me its quite a big issue here.

Also whats Ragnarok Odyssey? :P

And this is why I stood up for Dragon. Ive seen genuine good people being bullied off a site because a group of people are jumping on one person and doing it constantly just because they cant agree with eachother.

@OlderGamer
    No matter how toughskinned you are if a group of people constantly harrassing one individual that individual will eventually be fed up.

Now is that the kind of forum etc. you want? Communities needs to be moderated man for this reason.

@Polygem
    Why would I respond to him in a serious way when he’s just being a troll hence the Muwhahahaah!!!

Later Dragon. Sorry to hear that. I bet they will find a victim soon. Hey it might be me :D

#100 1 year ago
  101. OlderGamer

“@OlderGamer

Everybody should enjoy their stay. Ive seen this behaviour a couple of times and I will defend the underdawgz.”

Totaly agree with everything you just said. And having gone through it myself, I get it. But that isn’t happening here.

#101 1 year ago
  102. Lengendaryboss

I am the only one finding the timings of Dragon and Djoenz comments weird? That last sentence just creeps me out.

#102 1 year ago
  103. polygem

hey, dragon is not a victim, never was. noone bullied him. that´s just bullshit.

he throws shit and shit is coming back.

@djoenz. if that´s so, i am sorry! seriously. muwahhaaa! ;)

#103 1 year ago
  104. Djoenz

Ive been through it as well man, but only because I defended a couple underdawgz. Each time I proved my points right but alas the underdawgz always lose :( (they end up leaving)

I just wanna save souls. Sigh. Im the type of guy that just cant stand idle when they are ruining the enjoyment of someone’s stay.

Im dutch btw so dont mind my spelling etc. I might be missing the point but to me it does feel that way.

#104 1 year ago
  105. Samoan Spider

Well this became a poisoned thread quickly didn’t it. Shit :(

#105 1 year ago
  106. deathm00n

@OG Agree with you, but don’t you think things like this should at least be looked by someone?

“PC_PlayBoy
    04/04/13, 4:05 pm
    Enjoy your laggy as fuck PS3 games via Gaikai on PS4.”

This is defending you preference like a douche, this doesn’t add anything to any discussion.

#106 1 year ago
  107. Djoenz

God you guys are funny. Alt accounts Jesus Christ.
    Serious question LB why do you always spell casual as CAUSAL? It clearly isnt a typo cause you do it all the time?

#107 1 year ago
  108. OlderGamer

That is why it is a tricky thing, moderation. Because you are right deathm00n, and no doubt that is trolling. But bannable? That is tuffer to say.

#108 1 year ago
  109. Djoenz

Is trolling the same as banter? Which one would be more likely the equivalent of cyberbullying?

#109 1 year ago
  110. deathm00n

@108 Not saying it’s bannable, I was a moderator of a forum once. There is other alternatives to ban, like warnings, when you have a certain amount of warning you can’t post for a set number of days. Things like this.

#110 1 year ago
  111. viralshag

Maybe I don’t check enough Ninty threads but I actually didn’t think Dragon was/is that bad… When I have spoken to him on here or the forums he’s been alright.

But whatevs, looks like the “good guys” won at the end of it…

#111 1 year ago
  112. OlderGamer

Yep I agree deathm00n, but those things are only there if Pat wants them to be there. I can’t and wouldn’t even try to speak for Pat. His show. I was asked to clean up spam in the forum, that is what I do.

Simple as.

#112 1 year ago
  113. Lengendaryboss

@107 I never was getting involved in all this alternative account nonsense. I do? jesus no-one said anything and i never noticed. Ok I promise to say the correct term”casual” from now on :D

#113 1 year ago
  114. Samoan Spider

@113 Its ok, casual games/systems are in fact causal. One event is linked to the next :P

#114 1 year ago
  115. Djoenz

Didnt mean to offend you or anything It just caught my eyes :P
    Well like I said Im Dutch so perhaps Causal means something else? I have no idea. Sorry nonetheless.

#115 1 year ago
  116. Lengendaryboss

@115 No you didn’t it takes more than that to offend me :)
    Wait a second, is it also coincidentally that you call me LB like someone we used to know?

#116 1 year ago
  117. Djoenz

Cool man hehehe.

#117 1 year ago
  118. ninjanutta

this was not the sun newspaper it was gadget show…more clout i reckon…http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/new-ps4-story

#118 1 year ago
  119. monkeygourmet

Look,

Fact is Dragon was blatantly using / is still using alt accounts.

Now, as people have pointed out, sometimes people need that for a change. Other people obviously use them to back themselves up or troll / gain bullshit alliances with people.

It’s a shitty tactic that can only really work in a forum based conversation that allows alt accounts to be used in this way.

No one was bullied here. There were disagreements thats all. I don’t like people accusing others of something then doing exactly the same thing themselves.

I also don’t get on with people who cry ‘victim’ the minute things aren’t going there way, then gleefully stick the knife in when they get an opportunity.

It was for reason I find it hard to get on with Dragon. His ‘news’, while well sourced, is full of Sony bias. Fine you might say, well, then why start ragging on Nintendo and only focussing on negative news. Doesn’t effect me personally, but when I see him try to lecture a poster like WOE (who is doing exactly the same thing), its hard for me to stomach.

Anyway, the alt accounts thing is the worst of all and I’m almost 100% sure he was / is using them for negative reasons.

Sorry if I’ve made everyone feel like they are tied to a chair in the ‘Thing’ movie.

also,

Does anyone know how to prepare a ‘Papaya’?, I’ve just bought one and am unsure how to tackle it…

Also, how do you tell if its ripe? Squeeze it?

#119 1 year ago
  120. Erthazus

Sony246 have alt accounts? :D

#120 1 year ago
  121. polygem

@ MG: BRACE YOURSELF:

#121 1 year ago
  122. monkeygourmet

@Poly

WTF?! Tht was all kinds of awesome hahaha! :D

I actually listened to it eating a big plate of Strawberry, Kiwi and Love Papaya!

That is my new favourite song, it’s even better than Gunthar’s – you touch my tra la la ;)

#122 1 year ago
  123. DrDamn

Papaya. Halve and empty out the hard dark pips with a spoon. You can then eat it from the middle out with a spoon or peel and chop it up. Don’t eat the skin. :)

#123 1 year ago
  124. monkeygourmet

@DrDamn

If someone, say a friend of mine… Did happen to et the skin…

They’d be okay right…? RIGHT?!!! ;)

lol, thanks for the tips guys! Although I didn’t know thy had seeds? I thought someone was smuggling caviar into the country!

My verdict

delicate and fragrant… Like eating a bunch of flowers…

7/10

I’m on a mad fruit binge at the moment trying to try a new fruit or fruit I rarely bother with everyday…

Yesterday I ate a whole pineapple, it was damn good! :)

#124 1 year ago
  125. polygem

:) no shit. that song was a huge summer hit a few years ago. guy is probably swimming in papayas these days. a pretty decent fruit btw and a reminder for me: should eat more fruit as well…man i had a pineapple spree when i was on ischia with some friends a few years back. after we left the island i think they must have been out of stock. should really buy one tomorrow. in summer, pure pineapple juice in a huge glass on the rocks, tons of rocks, is a great drink.

#125 1 year ago
  126. monkeygourmet

Was a great song to eat Papaya to! :)

Yeah fruit is strange.

It’s the most delicious thing ever, so many amazing types yet I never seem to fancy eating it. I’ve been really trying to eat a ton the last week and already feel a hell of a lot better, skin, energy etc… Just generally better.

Pineapple juice is indeed amazing, I have pineapple and lime juice a the moment and its really good. The weather here in the UK is shit though as per usual, summer fruits and snow is jus strange! :/

#126 1 year ago
  127. polygem

same here. wasn´t in the mood for exotic fruits recently-winter. now it´s april but it´s still damn cold. snow! i don´t hate the winter (it´s great for gaming;) but i am fed up now. anyway, i will buy a pineapple tomorrow. good thread indeed. from ps4 pricing to alt accounts to weird songs and fruits.
    damn totally crave one right now. only have apples and bananas here atm. meeeeh.

#127 1 year ago
  128. monkeygourmet

It is the fruit that binds us! ;)

I’m going to try a Dragon Fruit tommorow :

Looks pretty weird. :) and maybe some Water Melon, which I have never been that into but saw that they sprinkle some salt on it in Japan to bring out more flavour, it was in this Kotaku review of ‘Salty Water Melon Pepsi’;

Again, not really the weather for such fruits, but I can’t eat winter food all year! :)

#128 1 year ago
  129. polygem

aha Dragon fruit…and so the circle is complete, come on you are just bullying here aren´t you?

sorry just kidding, no offense dragon. seriously not. just couldn´t resist.

i had water melon just today at our weekly breakfast with the patients/clients. in the summer i really do like it. i like it more than honeydew (melon).

salt to bring out the flavour? interesting. will check that out.

i also like (if it´s really perfectly ripened):

#129 1 year ago
  130. monkeygourmet

No seriously not joking about Dragon fruit! They had lots in the Asian supermarket I go to and I had no idea what it was. I think it looks pretty cool, but not sure how it tastes. Will find out tomorrow! :)

Pomegranate’s are really good, need a pin to eat those seeds like a boss! Apparently the juice is very good for you but it’s crazy expensive in the UK.

#130 1 year ago
  131. Lengendaryboss

^Hmmm when did VG247 turn into FD247? (Food Daily 247) :D :) :D

#131 1 year ago
  132. monkeygourmet

:D

I should have started a ‘fruit’ topic in the forum, not sure how many takers it would have got though! ;)

#132 1 year ago
  133. polygem

let´s make a page about cooking and games.

the top 10 dishes for a successfull halo marathon weekend

itsa me luigis delicious pizza recipes

itsa me marios pastaholic week

kratos: 10 raw meat dishes to die for
    alternative
    kirbys vegan fruit cakes

#133 1 year ago
  134. monkeygourmet

It might help, its not all Junk Food and gaming! :)

I just found this beauty:

I don’t think it’s even legal to ship to the UK though.

I think I remember collecting one in Rainbow Islands for 500 points… I’m sure Yoshi eats them too…

Come to think of it, fruit was always prized in old arcade games as points. How many times has someone screamed:

“Get the Cherry!!!” In PAC Man?! ;)

#134 1 year ago
  135. Gadzooks!

Dragon fruit is nice, kinda like a less sharp kiwi. Quite subtle flavour.

Thumbs up for food-based threads!!

#135 1 year ago
  136. DrDamn

Durian is very nice, just try not to smell it. Good iced. If you ever visit Hong Kong seek out a Honeymoon Dessert and try it. They have two sections to the restaurant, one side serves no durian :D.

#136 1 year ago